5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!
Published on 27 May 2006 by Ms. K. M. Comper

3.0 out of 5 stars These three, 30-minute workouts are great for beginners.
Published on 13 Dec. 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, 27 May 2006
This review is from: Billy Blanks' Tae-Bo - Vol. 1 [DVD] (DVD)
WOW.... I have tried so many excersie DVd's and get bored of them so quickly having a short attention span and can never make myself do them more than twice.. I have had this for about a month now and without fail do the dvd at least 4-5 times a week!!!! its great and what a fantastic workout too. the actual workout is about 30 mins long but I feel like I've been training for 2 hours! I've now ordered a few more as I'm so impressed would recommend to anyone... plus get a look at billys 6 pack mmmmm enough to make me train again and again lol

3.0 out of 5 stars These three, 30-minute workouts are great for beginners., 13 Dec. 2001
By A Customer
I have enjoyed Billy Blanks' workout tapes in the past and would highly recommend this form of exercise for those seeking a relatively low impact fitness regime. However, "Three Energizing Workouts" are three 30-minute, basic Tae Bo programs targeted for beginners. At least 10 minutes of each workout is devoted to stretching and cool-down, leaving very little time to work up a real sweat! The fitness level is not implied in the descriptive literature accompanying this tape. Those looking for a more challenging workout should try Mr. Blanks' Advanced Tae Bo tape. Beginners should buy this one right now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Suberb Dvd, 10 July 2007
Gemma C. Dale (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Billy Blanks' Tae-Bo - Vol. 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I must admit I was dubious about buying this DVD even with the fantastic reviews I had read, however now I have the DVD, it's fantastic. I've found that billy is really motivating which is unusual for a DVD as normally they just iritate me. Also the extras who are also doing the routine all seem to be having great fun - a great workout too but they're enjoying it too which insires you to keep going. It's tough to start with but if you keep at this one your'll deffinitly reap the rewards.

My advice... if in doubt about this one, buy it anyway as I think you'll enjoy the fantastic and fun workout

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as original videos, 21 Mar. 2002
By A Customer
The workout is good, but much slower than his orginal tapes and is definately geared at beginners. The added feature of reviewing the correct movement while doing a workout is a good idea, but is a little tempermental while operating on a pc as it requires a restart/relocation of your place in the workout. Overall, Blanks is as always a great person to work out to - but if you have done his stuff before buy a different tape.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Workout!, 17 Nov. 2003
This review is from: Billy Blanks' Tae-Bo - Vol. 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I've never been a big fan of working out, a friend of mine suggested Tae bo, and I am glad she did! ever since I got the DVD, I've been excercising every single day, I love it! I feel better about myself and a lot fitter even after only few days of using it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Energising workout you can really feel working, 11 Sept. 2001
I really like this dvd. No matter how many times I do a workout, I still think Billy is talking to me. I would advise doing the instructional 5 or 6 times to get started because the actual workouts are so fast that its hard to do the moves correctly at speed unless you have the basics down. Have a glass of water handy and pause to catch your breath when you need to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing fittness program, 21 July 2004
M. Virgo (Cambridge, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Billy Blanks' Tae-Bo - Vol. 1 [DVD] (DVD)
This program is excellent is extremly effective and most enjoyable. Billy Banks is more than qualified to get people fit having been a seven time world karate champion. With this you will actually enjoy working out. A better alternative than a treadmill.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good for beginners and the those shy of working out. Also great for the intermediate, 2 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Billy Blanks' Tae-Bo - Vol. 1 [DVD] (DVD)
After buying the box set, I decided to expand the collection. I am a Billy Blanks fan so it is natural that his workouts will receive a favourable review.

I plonked this DVD on and decided to watch the workout before attempting it (I always do this) but, frankly, I couldn't watch it all the way through...I had to pause it and grab my trainers and change into my sports bra so that I could join in. I defy anyone not to be able to do this!

Billy is infectious and motivating: he is able to get you sweaty and your heart pumping without you feeling suicidal by the end of the workout. The workout is 30 minutes long but it doesn't drag. The only criticism that I have is that it is over too quickly!

This workout is challenging enough for beginners and is a neat little workout for intermediates (providing you perform with gusto). The clever thing with Tae-bo is that, because it has a basis in martial arts and boxing, you get a cardio and a toning workout in one hit. Billy is a stickler for proper technique which mean that, for example, when you are doing knee lifts he encourages you to lift at least as far as the belly button to ensure you work the abs: genius!

This workout is safe if performed correctly (I don't ache in the way that I do with other DVD). Billy gives constant pointers on correct technique but also isn't afraid to admit that he gets things wrong from time to time.

The only niggles I have with this DVD is the quality (very VHS picture and sound)and that Billy is a bit too chatty in this DVD. He does waffle a bit in places and this can be off-putting but I forgive him. These are minor points and they will not detract from your enjoyment.

All-in-all, thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars This'll get you moving...., 19 Oct. 2001
I am reasonably fit but haven't done taebo or anything in the martial arts line before. I tried the DVD for the second time today and its coming together-not only that but I'm getting muscle definition already! Both times I've worked up a sweat and got out of a breath-signs for me of a good workout. I think you'll get most out of this if you're reasonably fit so that you can start working out at full capacity fairly soon. You can always rewind to see the instruction again or get them to pop up mid workout but you MUST go thro the instruction bit 1/2 times before trying the workout. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Beginners!!!!, 22 April 2004
By A Customer
As a beginner to Tae-Bo and not really that fit, I found this DVD to beone of the best one's geared at beginners. The instruction is boring, buta must to master the moves, and it's highly recommended that you doit.
As the 3 programmes are only 30min long, they are easily fitted into yourday to day routine, and the better you get to know the exercises, the moreof a sweat you will work up. Billy Blanks' is very motivational, anddoesn't speak too much, and if there are moves in the programme you'reuncertain of, just press the "enter" button and it takes you straight intothe instruction part, showing you exactly how the moves are performedbefore you go back into the exercise programme.
I've never had a half hour of exercises go so fast or be so much fun.
I am definitly been converted to Tae-Bo and have already bought my secondDVD. If you are new to Tae-Bo or to exercises in general, this is a greatplace to start, just be careful, you might get addicted!!!!! :-)

Billy Blanks' Tae-Bo - Vol. 1  [DVD]
Billy Blanks' Tae-Bo - Vol. 1 [DVD] by Billy Blank's Tae-Bo (DVD - 2002)