Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 July 2002
When I first encountered Rhapsody it was a chance download from an MP3 sharing program (audiogalaxy). I was instantly hooked on the first song I hear called "Emerald Sword". Since then I wanted to listen to more and more Rhapsody songs because they captured all the things that went on in my imagination at the time - and still do. This, their latest album - the final chapter in the Five Part Emerald Sword Saga - combines all the best aspects of Rhapsody's metal playing power, and Orchestra triumphs, with scores of timpany trums shaking the ground with their mighty beats on "Steelgods of the last Apocalypse" to the soft saddening melodies of the harp and strings on "Lamento Eroico".
The way it is, when you listen to something as powerful as Rhapsody, moves your heart and takes your mind into the fantastic story that the music weaves. Its as if you are literally there, seeing the events happening!
Now, continuing on from their earlier successes, Rhapsody have made this album a mighty,and triumphant tribute to the final chapter of "The Emerald Sword" saga. The ending of "Gargoyles,Angels of Darkness" proves rightly so!
on 9 March 2016
I thought I'd come in 1 to 2 decades delayed to tell you how much I love all of Rhapsody's early albums. And 'Power of the Dragonflame' is possibly the highest peak of them all, even if the competition is super fierce between the 1997-2002 albums.

I was blown away when I discovered this band as a 15-year old in late 2002. I pretty soon got all the 5 albums they had then, and fell in love with all of it. Beauty (the SYMPHONIC) and magic (the FOLK) meets power and fury (the METAL) in majestic landscapes and epic war scenarios. Every album was a great fantasy adventure that filled me with strength, wonder and eargasms. I could try being even more cheesier, but it still wouldn't be enough to describe how much I felt and feel. PotD has unbelievably catchy material on it, well deserved of 5 strong stars - or 10/10.
on 11 November 2011
This album makes me laugh out loud - the band is clearly having enormous fun and it's infectious.
The lyrics are odd yet strangely moving; some seem to be serious but others are so ridiculous they must be a parody.
The music is energetic and skillfully played.
As a fan of Therion, After Forever, Nightwish, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, (old) Pink Floyd, Cypress Hill, Joe Satriani, Steeleye Span and other much odder bands, I really appreciated the freshness Rhapsody brings to the music. I like a bit of a challenge, I like energy and I like skillful guitar work. Rhapsody delivers.
All in all, a very enjoyable, grin-inducing album.