Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 July 2002
This album is by far one of the best she's ever made. It clearly exemplifies Barbra's never weaning demand for beauty, creativity, and... excellence. Hearing this album explains why she is second in the all-time charts, with forty-five gold albums (ahead of The Beatles and The Rolling Stones, exceeded only by Elvis).
In my opinion this album contains some of the best songs she's ever sung. 'Being at war with each other' is a beautiful, captivating song while 'The Best Thing you've ever Done' is one of the greatest examples of how Barbra's emotionally expressive voice can deliver irony so beautifully.
The Way We Were and What are you Doing the Rest of Your Life? may be two of the most enchanting songs ever sung, displaying Barbra's beauty magnificently!
Certainly this is a must-have album, whether or not you're an avid Barbra Streisand fan!
on 6 October 2012
"The way we were" is definitely one of Barbra's best albums ever. Her voice is sheer perfection and clarity, conveying emotion and thrills. Both versions of the song "The way we were" are obvious highlights but all songs are compelling. My favourites include Stevie Wonder's "All in love is fair", Michel Legrand's "What are you doing the rest of your life?" and the beautiful "I've never been a woman before". A perfect companion to the classic movie, this album will undoubtedly rank among your top records.
on 21 May 2009
This album is one of the best she's ever made.
"The Way We Were" and "What are you Doing the Rest of Your Life?" are two of the most beautiful songs ever sung.
Whether or not you're a Barbra Streisand fan, this is a must-have album!
on 16 October 2014
I think that this album is one of the best that Barbra has never done. I have bought it only now, in 2014, after a lot album that i have bought in 40 years, the years that i love this fantastic woman. The album is a very, very special album, an actually album. I love this singer like no other, she is the most singer ever exited. She live in my heart for the sensations that she give to me. I love you Barbra and i love this special album.
Enrico from Italy
on 30 June 2015
This album has a vintage summer sound and has been beautifully remastered, Barbra's silken voice is crystal clear and supported by a stunning orchestra of strings, oboes and harmonicas. Stand out tracks are 'Something so Right' 'What Are You Doing The Rest of Your Life?' and 'Pieces of Dreams'. A flawless effort.
on 18 July 2013
I was unexpectedly taken to see her at the O2 as a birthday treat from my lovely daughter and son. It totally fulfilled all my expectations of over 45 yrs worth of adoring her voice and acting skills. This was one CD I hadn't bought so purchased it to relive the dream. Perfection!
on 30 July 2014
A lovely nostalgic album,takes one back to the seventies.Streisand on imperious form.
on 22 July 2015
Very Good She is one of the best singers of her time.
on 5 March 2015