5.0 out of 5 stars My review
Published on 26 July 2005 by Ms. C. A. Cooper

3.0 out of 5 stars A little harsh for me!
Published 19 months ago by K. J. Waud

3.0 out of 5 stars A little harsh for me!, 15 May 2013
K. J. Waud "Tarka" (UK) - See all my reviews
I'm a big fan of A7X but got into their music from the later albums and worked my way back. Now I don't think this is a bad album per se and it is growing on me but... and this is just personal taste, I don't think M Shadows is the best when it comes to shouting out the vocals. I personally think that this style is best left to Corey Taylor or Ivan Moody. If you know what to expect, buy it, if you are expecting the same type of albums as the rest, listen to sound bites from Amazon first.

5.0 out of 5 stars My review, 26 July 2005
Ms. C. A. Cooper "Chrissay" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sounding The Seventh Trumpet (Audio CD)
I think this is a well constructed album. This band have everything a metal band should. They have a really energetic vocalist and a really good guitar sound. Every one of their songs send shivers down my spine. They even soften the album with their delicate ballad: Warmness on The Soul which is deeply poignant and delivers a more subtle side to the album which I think is really effective as Shadows can sing in this tone very well. I like this album very much and recommend it to every metal fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 24 May 2012
This review is from: Sounding The Seventh Trumpet (Audio CD)
After being drawn into Avenged Sevenfold from their more recent tracks like nightmare and natural born killer I was surprised to see how far back the band goes. I can't say I was expecting this sort of screaming sound but I love it! This is totally different to any other screaming I've ever heard and with the addition of their ballad-like track warmness on the soul the album is great to listen to all the way through with no skipping tracks. This is a completely different take on the band but I'm glad I purchased it as the sound is so raw and M. Shadows voice is really shown off in my opinion. Fantastic album don't even hesitate to buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome CD!!, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: Sounding The Seventh Trumpet (Audio CD)
I already own the downloaded copy of this but I wanted to own the hard copy as its a great CD with amazing songs.
Would defiantly recommend this CD to any Avenged lovers out there!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 7 Dec 2012
This review is from: Sounding The Seventh Trumpet (Audio CD)
Bought for a big fan and they were very pleased with it. Any fan would enjoy this album. . .

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 22 Aug 2012
This review is from: Sounding The Seventh Trumpet (Audio CD)
The low 2 stars is due to my taste in metal/rock and not due to the earlier type of music the band played.
Sounds very heavy (if you can understand what he's shouting), a bit like heavy Slipknot. A shame as I really loved "City of Evil" and "Nightmare".
I don't see me going any further back into the bands history like I do with other bands, as quite often some of their best music is in earlier albums.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just awsome !, 30 Nov 2011
This review is from: Sounding The Seventh Trumpet (Audio CD)
I am just happy i could order this CD from my favourite band. Hard to find in any store. Amazon brought it to me without i even need to bother running around asking in shops, to be told there is none. On top of that £5 is such a good price for this item. I dont regret it ! Makes it up for this summer spent trying to find it in town. I recommend it to any one : fans, it's a must have! and people who like to try new sounds, check it out !

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 5 Aug 2011
This review is from: Sounding The Seventh Trumpet (Audio CD)
Just mind blowingly amazing!

The sounds not as clean as in their later recordings and when you listen to their later stuff you can hear how they have matured as musicians but all that in perspective this is a great little album that certainly deserves a listen!

5.0 out of 5 stars Vinyl, 31 Aug 2010
Arrived brand new as stated and in the time it was supposed to.
Very happy would use seller again

4.0 out of 5 stars cracking debut from a band whohave since lost their way, 9 May 2006
sean paul mccann "mccanns23" (ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Sounding The Seventh Trumpet (Audio CD)
avenged sevenfold were 18 and 19 years old when they released this and that is startling for a start,they also released this classic which threw fury,melody and speedy metalcore into a tidy container and kick started metalcore just that little bit further,it wasnt an album that was a roaring success,and indeed most of us are listening to it for the first time after hearing the albums that followed it but what we have here is a band that had the energy,the vocalist and the songs to match.

it is a frantic album that packs an almighty punch,that is typified in songs like we come out at night and turn the other way,they also showed a more emotional and laidback side on the song warmness on the soul,it is a album with killer riffs,nods at guns n roses,misfits and heavyweights such as eighteen visions and killswitch engage,this is an album you can no longer ignore!

Sounding The Seventh Trumpet
Sounding The Seventh Trumpet by Avenged Sevenfold (Audio CD - 2008)