on 15 February 2006
I have played both Dave Mirra games, both of them having longetivity. I like this game because it provides alot of laughs for example when you get thrown into the air after running into a car. The graphics are not the best but they are very good. The park editor is a good addition to this game because it gives you more creativity. There is a huge tricks engine. The best bit of the game probably is the longetivity, which often lacks in most extreme sport games.
And then rack up billions of points...

Oh S***! You then literally TOUCH a car and your rider gets turned into
ragdoll and goes flying and flailing helplessly and lands and you're like "I can't even see his arm. Oh, there it is. It's stretching all the way over his head to his other arm." And then you lose all the points you just got.

But it is funny, so that makes up for it. Only problem is that the story's first level is tough. You have to knock over all ladders and do tricks
on them. But the multiplayer is what makes up for it. And Free Ride is a
bonus.

OVERALL: VERY GOOD GAME. NO GAMECUBE IS COMPLETE WITHOUT IT!
on 28 April 2009
Well, I remember this game from when i was a teenager.

I say one of the best bmx games ever made. Still bmxing now after 6 years, and still going back to this game because its just amazing.

Good soundtrack, and i love to ride as Slim Jim with his mad hair :)
on 13 January 2011
As a grandmother I had no idea about this PS2 game only that my grandson was well into BMX. We spent an absolute fortune on presents last year only to be told that this secondhand PS2 game was the best present he had. So there you go we could have saved ourselves a shed load of money and just purchased second hand BMX PS2 games. It's his birthday in March, guess what one of his presents is, yep, it's a second hand BMX PS2 game, ok so I might get him a few more pressies as well!!!!
on 11 October 2001
Dave Mirra was extremely popular on PSone, and now, since the launch of Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2 for PS2, his computer generated career looks to set off to new levels. This game is everything any wants. If you liked Tony Hawks Skatebaording or even Thrasher, you'll love this game. And, frankly, it's much better than all of them. It is, in my books, one of the greatest extreme sports games ever created, and that's not exaggerated. The graphics are fantastic, much better than the original, but you would expect that from any Playstation 2 game. The controls are marvellously placed and easy to master (although some of the tricks arn't). The way that the bikers move and jump amazed me. They are so smooth, I could swear they are real! Also, the soundtrack is brilliant. Tracks that make you want to put down the control and get down to some good old headbangin'. But the problem is....you can't! By this time you will be so amazed and addicted to the game, you wouldn't even know whats playing in the background!
I think that this reveiw clearly states my feeling on this game, and I hope that it has given you a better vision of what this game is really like.
on 10 October 2001
Rented this last night, and we couldnt get my 6 year old son off it.
Ride as Mirra, Nyquist or 8 other top pros leading the sport in the new millennium: Leigh Ramsdell, Mike Laird, Troy McMurray, Kenan Harkin, Joey Garcia, Shaun Butler, Chad Kagy and Tim Mirra. (With names like this they gotta be BMX'ers , Skaters or Surfers)
The music is not me but heh thats my personal taste ! includes tracks by Sublime, Cypress Hill, Rancid, Social Distortion, Deftones, Pennywise, Dropkick Murphys, 59 Times the Pain, Primer 55 and Swingin' Utters!
Great graphics and good fun although I am not sure how long the entertainment will last.
Easy to learn, hard to master. Simple, intuitive controls make it easy for anyone to pick up the game, while the increasing level of difficulty and trick complexity make it hard to master.
With no track to follow it's a open 3d enviroment letting you explore at your own pace.
If you are BMX throwback from the 80's and fancy performing a Icepick Gring or a Fakie Wall Ride (all a foreign language to me) or perhaps you just never sold that Huffy Rail or are just too fat to get on it anymore then this game is made for you ! Buy It now !
on 10 October 2001
Rented this last night, and we couldnt get my 6 year old son off it.
If you are BMX throwback from the 80's and fancy performing a Icepick Gring or a Fakie Wall Ride (all a foreign language to me) or perhaps you just never sold that Huffy Rail or are just to fat to get on it anymore then this game is made for you ! Buy IT Know !
on 11 October 2001
When i played the first dave mirra on playstation, i was thoroughly impressed. It was new, exciting, different and had everything to keep you coming back for more. Then when i discovered that the game which i had loved so much was coming backs for seconds on the ps2, i just had to buy it. But when i put it in the machine, i wasnt as impressed. The graphics were not the problem, they were sharp and very lifelike, just as you'd expect from a ps2 title. What i was really dissatisfied about was the constant glitches which appeared on screen. For example, falling through the floor and racing through walls was not my idea of a realistic experience. The park editor also failed to impress as i found it lacked thought and also contained many glitches whilst testing. The plus points of the game i feel are that the parks were alot bigger and on proquests, were alot harder to complete. This is what still has me coming back for more. I like this game and i dont regret buying it, although i just hope the makers realise the same mistakes as i realised and put them right for future releases.
on 15 May 2009
My son loved playing this game and it came, well packaged and in excellent condition. Not sure if it was 'new' as advertised but certainly was in mint condition. It was a real shame that it took soooo long to arrive - about three weeks!!! This really is excessively long by any standards....
on 15 October 2001
Very good game. Game play is similar to Tony Hawks, but with extra trick tests to gain access to other levels. The controls are a mix of Tony Hawks and SSX. The levels are big and there is plenty to do. The Variation with the tricks are good, but sometimes a little unpredictable

See one answered question