5.0 out of 5 stars Great entertainment value, a fine selection
This is a selection of what someone considered to be the best sketches from the Muppet Show, presented in a way that resembles one of the episodes.
The selection is indeed great and although it is nearly impossible to determine which are the best all-time sketches (I know I couldn't do it), all of these would most certainly fit in my list of choices!
The extra...
Published on 7 April 2004 by Nuno Nunes

3.0 out of 5 stars Muppet Fun All The Way
If like me you were glued to your TV set every Sunday night as a child then you are going to love this. The Muppets were the quintessential 80's kiddies entertainment, every girl in my school practiced the Miss Piggy 'Hiya' till their chops became deadly weapons.
Published on 4 April 2002 by F Houchen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great entertainment value, a fine selection, 7 April 2004
Nuno Nunes (Portugal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Best Of The Muppet Show [DVD] (DVD)
The extra features are also very good, with some episodes, some trivia stuff (this I would personally pass on, but it doesn't hurt to have it there) and a documentary about "Man and Muppets" which focuses on the making and behind-the-scenes of the Muppet Show.
Now it may be that there are a number of documentaries like this out there, I don't know of any other so I couldn't compare them, but I do know that this one is one of the best "making of"-kind of documentaries I have ever watched. I think I enjoyed it almost as much as watching the sketches themselves!
A great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the Muppets - like you remember, only funnier, 28 Mar 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: The Very Best Of The Muppet Show [DVD] (DVD)
The Muppet Show is one of those timeless classics, it gets funnier as you watch it. All the old favourites, The Chocolate Moose with the Swedish Chef, Beaker and Dr Bunsen Burner, Pigs in Space, Veterinarian Surgeon - the continuing story of a Quack that's gone to the dogs..... etc etc etc. You will laugh a lot, remember the original airings and want more than the 50 minutes contained.
Additional Highlights, definitely include the 2 full episodes featuring Mark Hamill and Elton John (Elton John is just brilliant!!!)
The rest of the DVD functions are not really much use (the Muppet Knowledge Quiz was slow and not very challenging), but the snippets with Brian Henson were interesting...I would definitely recommend to buy this! it's worth it for the Elton John Episode alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Muppets Strike Back!, 7 Jun 2004
This review is from: The Very Best Of The Muppet Show [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this with my daughter in mind, remembering how much fun I'd had with the Muppets in my youth. It was a staple of Saturday night TV, only beaten in my eyes by Doctor Who.
However, within 10 minutes of switching my DVD player on I was screaming with laughter and singing along with all the great songs. Besides all the zany comic capers of Messrs Gonzo, Kermit and Fozzie it was particularly amusing watching C3PO do a tap dance for one of the final numbers, camping it up more than in any of the original three Star Wars films. I also really appreciated Staedtler (sp?) and Waldorf's acidic comments more as an adult than I ever did as a child.
For adults this DVD is a fantastic nostalgia trip, and for kids it's a perfect introduction to the crazy world of Jim Henson, and all for such a reasonable price. What are you waiting for? Buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Of Muppets and Men makes this DVD, 5 Sep 2003
Eyal Teler (Jerusalem Israel) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Best Of The Muppet Show [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD is contains about 100 minutes of muppet sketches, in the form of a compilation and two episodes. It has some classic numbers and some less classic numbers, but it's generally enjoyable. The two episodes have introductions by Brian Henson which are quite useless: they explain what is going to happen -- and in the case of the Elton John episode get it completely wrong -- but they don't add any interesting information. I also remember that there's been a longer opening song for the Muppet Show (probably cut in later seasons), and I wish it was included.
The best part of this DVD is Of Muppets and Men, showing everything about the making of the show. This is 50 minutes long and also contains snippets from the show. The good thing is that these rarely repeat what's been shown in the compilation and episodes. The down side is that I wish some of these sketches would have been chosen for the compilation.
Another down side is the lack of any subtitles. Also, one of the snippets shown in Of Muppets and Men talks about the Muppet Show being shown in other countries in other languages, and it would have been nice to have such sound tracks on the DVD. Even if I don't understand the languages, I'm sure I'd have had some fun finding out how the characters sound when dubbed.
All in all, this is an enjoyable DVD, and good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why haven't you bought it already?, 2 April 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: The Very Best Of The Muppet Show [DVD] (DVD)
For any hardened muppet fan you wouldn't have even thought twice about whether to buy this dvd or not...but for those who are still undecided let me tell you that it is a must. If you loved the muppet show then you'll love this...the best bits compacted into one dvd...i think its about 2 and a half hours long. My only complaint is that it isnt long enough...but i guess you cant put everything on the dvd...especially when you have over 100 episodes of pure genius to chose from.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 5 May 2012
This review is from: The Very Best Of The Muppet Show [DVD] (DVD)
Love The Muppets! Arrived as expected and fair price. Went down a storm with the kids. Couldn't ask for more.

3.0 out of 5 stars Muppet Fun All The Way, 4 April 2002
F Houchen (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Best Of The Muppet Show [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD took me back to those sunny days and had me rolling about on the sofa, fighting back the tears.
The surprising thing is there's plenty for adults as well as children here, the jokes are pitched just right.
To sum up buy it you'll love the trip down memory lane and if this is your first time you're about to have a viewing experience that will stay with you forever... :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Features Muppets & Men, 31 July 2013
This review is from: The Very Best Of The Muppet Show [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD contains the rare Jim Henson documentary Muppets & Men: The Making of The Muppet Show which aired around the time the show ended in 1981. Great documentary and I'm very pleased it finally gets it's official DVD release.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stands the test of time., 22 Mar 2013
E. Braben - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Best Of The Muppet Show [DVD] (DVD)
My grandchildren aged 10 and 12 years enjoyed this very much. And so did I. The humour is timeless and the characters are delightful - everyone has their favourite.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much money for too little muppets, 4 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Very Best Of The Muppet Show [DVD] (DVD)
Much too expensive for just one DVD. I should have checked it out before ordering I thought I was getting a set. Have learned my lesson.

ARRAY(0xb577551c)

The Very Best Of The Muppet Show [DVD]
The Very Best Of The Muppet Show [DVD] by The Muppet Show (DVD - 2002)
23.99