5.0 out of 5 stars pure pleasure, 5 Jun. 2006
Peer Marshall (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hail H.I.M (Audio CD)
I'm not the best person to write interesting, factually correct and animated reviews but I do know good music when I hear it. If you are a fan of smooth, soulful, heartfelt reggae then this is a must for you. Great tunes, inspiring lyrics and thumping rhythms - you don't get much better than this.

If you like reggae and have not ventured much further than Bob Marley then try some Burning Spear. Albums such as: "Social Living", "Farover", "100th Anniversary: Marcus Garvey + Garvey's Ghost " and "Hail H.I.M." are some of his best works.

I've just ordered more burning spear for my collection and wanted to spread the word on this living legend.

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolutley essential "Spear" album, 31 Dec. 2004
Colm McGrath "Colm11" (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hail H.I.M. (Audio CD)
Hail HIM is the best Burning Spear album ever (in my humble opinion).
An excellent collaboration of Winston Rodney and the majority of The Wailers. A combination of amazing "Riddims", crisp brass and the haunting vocal talents of Burniing Spear on tracks like " Road Foggy" and "Cry Blood Africa" are crucial listening for Reggae Fans. Your Reggae collection will thank you for adding this Burning masterpiece.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of the best, 8 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Hail H.I.M (Audio CD)
This album is absolutely phenomenal. I first bought it on cassette in the early '80s, bought it again on CD recently and it's worth every penny and more. Slap it on, crank it up, utter bliss.

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolutley essentail "Spear" album, 31 Dec. 2004
Colm McGrath "Colm11" (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hail H.I.M. (Audio CD)
Hail HIM is the best Burning Spear album ever (in my humble opinion).
An excellent collaboration of Winston Rodney and the majority of The Wailers. A combination of amazing "Riddims", crisp brass and the haunting vocal talents of Burniing Spear on tracks like " Road Foggy" and "Cry Blood Africa" are crucial listen for Reggae Fans.
"Teach Me Teacher......"

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential., 10 Jun. 2007
G. Hulin "gareth" (birmingham uk.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hail H.I.M. (Audio CD)
Whilst Winston Rodney has released an undoubtably classic stream of albums in his career including farover,social living and marcus garvey to name a few- for me this is his best work,worth it just for the bass work of Aston family man Barrett alone not to mention the dynamic and top notch musicianship of the wailers band, hail h.i.m. represents some of the most interesting and culturally enlightening works in the reggae genre....eloquent lyrics, genuine heartfelt sentiment and quality production make this one of my alltime favourite releases.......basically its an eduaction in rastafarianism and has just some of the best melodies and riddims i have heard in many years as a roots reggae fan, whilst the spear himself is on top form, columbus' riidim has been reworked over the years but this is still the original and best!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Class, 27 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Hail H.I.M. (Audio CD)
Solid reggae with conscious lyrics from the master. If you are a reggae fan this is an absolute must from the golden era. Check out "Dry and Heavy" (which is neither by the way) from the same artist.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hail H.I.M. Burning Spear...., 12 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Hail H.I.M (Audio CD)
Some classic tracks on this album...starting off with the infectious drum & bass Roots, Rockers of HAil Him...not forgetting.......Christopher Colombus Classic reggae' with deep seated Lyric's

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic!, 11 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Haim H.I.M [VINYL] (Vinyl)
A must have for any vinyl roots collectors. Some of Burning Spear's greatest riddim's!!
Sound quality extends that of CDs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Hail H.I.M (Audio CD)
Who needs to explain Mr Spear anything?? Just listen and judge for yourself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Roots Album, 13 Aug. 2010
Clinton (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hail H.I.M (Audio CD)
Burning Spear Hail H.I.M. is very good roots album of the highest order one of his very best ever, HIGHLY RATED FE REAL.

Hail H.I.M
Hail H.I.M by Burning Spear (Audio CD - 2002)