Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 23 November 2002
Glenn Lewis: a breath of fresh talent amidst the talent pool otherwise known as neo-soul performers. Ever since his appearance in a school talent show, aged 14, in which he sang Stevie Wonder's "I Just Called To Say I Love You", (where people thought that Glenn was lip-synching the words to the Stevie Wonder version), people have been comparing this new talent with the legend that is Stevie Wonder.
OK, so his style is similar (listen to "Beautiful Eyes", "Don't You Forget It", "Something To See" and "Dream"), and at times he sounds just like Stevie, but Glenn has so much more to offer than just a modern-day Mr. Wonder.
Think D'Angelo mixed with Musiq Soulchild. Think Jill Scott mixed with India Arie, and you'll begin to get a feel for what this man is all about. Combine these with his 'family-man' morals (as shown in "Beautiful Eyes" and "Don't You Forget It"), and his outstanding song-writing talent, and you're beginning to get below the surface of Glenn Lewis.
Of course, this is just his debut album, so (hopefully) there's a lot more to come. My personal favourites include "Beautiful Eyes", "Don't You Forget It", "Something To See", "One More Day", and "It's Not Fair", although I can easily listen to every song on the album over and over again.
For the sake of £8-9 (if bought used), then it is definitely worth the money. Heck, I'd fork out £20 for this quality music!
on 18 March 2002
This is an easy listening, smooth, soul album, from a new artist on Epic records. The lyrical content, the musical beats, the delivery is all so perfect.
His voice reminds me so much of Stevie Wonder, absolutely crystal clear and golden. His music has a Musiq Soulchild feel to it.
These maybe two comparisons to this promising new star, but he holds his own, he has a certain quality to his work.
His not just a singer, but a song writer also.
"Don't Forget It" is the first single to be released from his album entitled "World Outside My Window".
It's so refreshing to listen to album with 15 tracks, no unnecessary interludes, and every track a winner.
So if you like Stevie Wonder, Musiq Soulchild, Maxwell -buy it you will love it.
VINE VOICEon 27 October 2008
By 2001 I had all but given up on what now passed as R&B, or soul music. To these ears it was all a much ness with no one really standing out. If it wasn't pop sounding, it had all gone Neo-Soul-a-fied, after acts like D'Angelo, and Rahsaan Paterson. Hence I missed the Initial release of this excellent debut release.
Fast forward to 2008. Once again what has passed as R&B/Souls left me feeling rather cold. To the extent that, in times when I feel this way, I look back to yester-year, to see what, if anything I may have missed.
Thank the Lord for You-tube. After putting his name into the search engine, I came upon the videos for ' Don't You Forget It', and 'It's not fair', which pretty much blew me away. Based on these two videos I purchased the album from whence they came.
I must say that I missed out in 2001. What with a voice that many claim sounds very Stevie-Wonderish, and a slew of songs that show case it too it maximum effect. In interviews that Mr. Lewis has given, he names Stevie as a big influence in his musical development, and one that can be heard on full effect on 'Don't You Forget it'. I don't have a problem with this, as, once he finds his own voice in (hopefully) albums to come, we'll see more of what he has to offer.
As for the rest of the songs, I was really feeling, as mentioned, 'It's not Fair,, which is an excellent slow jam about deception & cheating in a relationship, the bright-up-tempo 'One More Day', the simpleness of 'Simple Things'. There are a few tunes that leave me non-plussed:' Never Too Late', & 'Take Me', which deals with a lady suffering from mental problems, which feels slightly out of place on this CD. That said, these are in the minority on an excellent debut release. I just hope that this isn't the only release that Mr. Lewis has to show case his talent to the world.
on 12 July 2002
What an Album!, - a must for all you Stevie fans out there,
it has it all, from funky up-tempo beats to smooth ballards. Glenn Lewis has a superb and diverse vocal range that can only be compared to the greatest, 'Wonder'. This guy is one to watch with such a strong debut album.
on 12 July 2002
What an Album!, - a must for all you Stevie fans out there,
on 11 May 2003
Had this for a while now and I have to say that there is a good blend of moods exhibited on the album. Lewis does sound a liitle like Stevie and this tends to show in songs like 'One More Day' and 'Beautiful Eyes'. However, the album and its artist can stand alone in its own right as hybrid R'n'B - somewhere in between Donnell Jones/R-Kelly and neo-soul Musiq. A solid first album.
on 11 May 2003
on 22 March 2002
This album is like putting on your favourite jumper and feeling immediately at ease and happy with everyone and eveything.
When this guy is singing, ain't nothing that can upset you, I advise to listen to it whilst in direct sunlight!
His style is very much influenced by Stevie Wonder, but fear not! it is done with respect and style, other influences are Lucy Pearl, Maxwell, D'Angelo and could be compared to be the male version of India Arie.
on 27 March 2015
Great purchase and timely arrival thanks
on 2 October 2009
I bought this album back when it was released and it's still just as good now, it's actually being played right now, I can't believe I hadn't reviewed it much sooner.

This album for me is always something I refer back to when playing music, not only because Glenn Lewis is one of my favourite artists, but also because this album really put his name on the map of modern Soul music. There really isn't one bad song on this project, not one at all. I can listen to the album from beginning to finish and that's something special, as most albums tend to have a few standout songs, but this is definitely an exception. Not one bad song on this project at all and all showcased beautifully with the smooth vocals of Glenn Lewis, who in my opinion is incredibly underrated. His talent has definitely slipped under the radar within music and yet, he continuously delivers great material at all times. Even now, he is still showcasing how good he is, whether it's on his MySpace or wherever.

It's such a shame that this album went virtually unrecognised. I would recommend this album to anyone who does not have it already, a definite must for your music collection.