5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
This is a must for any active and inventive child. Hours of fun to be had and a good toy to bring out the best in their creative side.
Published on 18 Nov 2003 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Meccano Multi Models 40 Model Set
I bought this product abut six months ago for my child's birthday. He started building it, until ha realised that the kit missed some pieces. I had to go to customer service on the Meccano, and sure enough, the pieces came 3 weeks later.
Published 4 months ago by C Hargrove

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Nov 2003

4.0 out of 5 stars Absorbing and complex, 29 Dec 2009
D. Carr (Stockton on Tees, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meccano Multi Models 40 Model Set (Toy)
Great toy. Billed as for "8+" but I think quite a few 10+ year-olds would still welcome senior assistance at first, as the models are intricate, and some skills are needed to follow the instructions - so good bonding opportunities for dads and grandads too!

1.0 out of 5 stars Meccano Multi Models 40 Model Set, 30 Mar 2014
This review is from: Meccano Multi Models 40 Model Set (Toy)
Unfortunately, when he had finished making his "car", the motor stopped working (even though I tested it throughout the making).
I soon figured out the problem: one of the holes was too small to let the axle turn to make the wheels turn.
To conclude, I would not recommend this product as of the engineering problems throughout the making.

5.0 out of 5 stars Meccano 40 model set, 17 Aug 2013
This review is from: Meccano Multi Models 40 Model Set (Toy)
Very pleased with my purchase.All items present in a nice plastic case.Several differences from the Meccano of my youth,I had a
No 10 set !!!! A much more interesting "toy" than jigsaws for an elderly male to pass the time. Makes fairly small models,ideal for
construction on a coffee table.An old Meccano spanner and a screwdriver with an allen key end are helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars More sophisticated version of lego, 8 Jan 2010
K. OAKLEY (manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meccano Multi Models 40 Model Set (Toy)
I love lego but I was tired of making the same old models. I discovered Meccano while watching James May 'Toy stories'. I thought this would be as enjoyabe as lego was in my youth. This product met my expectation. I bought the 40 model set for re-usability. I recommend this to anyone who enjoys constructing objects as you'll have hours of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful. Much more than a toy, 21 Aug 2013
P. Waddell (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meccano Multi Models 40 Model Set (Toy)
I'm not going to say anything about Meccano that hasn't already been said! We bought this for my 6 year old's birthday and it is probably a bit advanced for him. However, he loved sitting with me and watching my build our first model, helping me find the correct bit and with the bolts.

It's so much more robust than the other toys he has and so much more likely to last longer.

4.0 out of 5 stars meccano 40 model kit, 30 April 2012
This review is from: Meccano Multi Models 40 Model Set (Toy)
this is a good challenge kit, not for first timers,it is challenging yet cant put down. be aware though the kit does make 40 models the latter half of them need to download the instructions.
this kit is great and not for the beginner so maybe look for a smaller model kit build first and see how you go.

3.0 out of 5 stars Meccano Multi Models 40, 1 Jun 2010
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Meccano Multi Models 40 Model Set (Toy)
Very good but if you dont follow the instructions correctly you have to take it all apart.
They are not very good for a 10 year old kid.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Nice Toy, 18 Jan 2013
This review is from: Meccano Multi Models 40 Model Set (Toy)
Great toy. Hours of interest guaranteed. Can be a bit fiddly to get some of pieces to fit together properly in order for motor to engage properly. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Meccano Multi Models 40 Model Set, 16 Nov 2013
Mr. R. Evans (Dorset UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meccano Multi Models 40 Model Set (Toy)
At present Mid November it is still in Father Christmas's sack. All I can say is that I played with Meccano in my childhood and never tired of it.

Meccano Multi Models 40 Model Set