4.0 out of 5 stars A Classic - Reproduced for the 21st Century
Published on 19 May 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Where's the classic mode?
Published on 17 Feb 2008 by S. Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars A Classic - Reproduced for the 21st Century, 19 May 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Tetris Worlds (PS2) (Video Game)
Summary: This game is simply tetris, times six! That's because there are 6 different types of tetris on one CD. All of them are fun as hell, and very addictive - the only one that I didn't like is called Hot Line Tetris. Only the best tetronic players should try this one, but all the others are great. If you love Tetris buy this one; after all it's half the price of a normal game!
Gameplay: what can I say.....Tetris will never change!!Everything is old school except for a game where the gravity is off and the pieces fall into holes beneath them - a refreshing change. There is also the fact that it's a 4 player game, which makes it even more fun to play. You and your nerd buddies from the gameboy years can have hours of fun reminiscing with this one.
Graphics: The background looks weak as hell, and you can't really change the unchangeable(ie. tetris blocks). But there are these little cube monsters called Minos that react when you move pieces and look like retarded icecubes. You can change them by playing the different games and getting higher ranks on each of them. Eventually you'll be able give them hair, different coloured eyes and different coloured skin!
Sound: the sound is so-so. The music mixes a little techno-trance with some classical stuff. When you score a single, double, triple or the all mighty TETRIS a sexy female voice will tell you so. The only down side is that the Minos don't make any noise...
Overall: The graphics and sound could be improved on, but you don't buy tetris for those qualities. The gameplay is great and it is still as addictive a game as it was all those years ago. Purists and fans of more advanced games may not like this update, but for Tetris fans, it's a must buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Where's the classic mode?, 17 Feb 2008
S. Smith "sitorimon" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tetris Worlds (PS2) (Video Game)
I bought this for me and my other half as we both love Tetris. I was excited to play the new modes as well as having a classic game of the usual multiplayer brawls (which I usually lose). Yet we've played for hours we can't for the life of us find just the original mode where if you hit the top of the screen your out! Now it seems that you gain points for clearing lines of blocks instead and as you level up you need more points to win, thus in theory evening the playing field. Sadly its nowhere near as good and some games are over in under a minute. Yet another game updated to be dumbed down.

I've yet to try 4 player mode yet but at least that's a welcome addition and some of the new versions of Tetris are nice distractions and variants but I just felt that without the original mode to begin with, its missing the whole point...

4.0 out of 5 stars good game, 14 Sep 2013
This review is from: Tetris Worlds (PS2) (Video Game)
love the old school games takes me back to my school days where everything was good will look for more retro games

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant game, 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: Tetris Worlds (PS2) (Video Game)
i adored this game. kept me going for hours on end. would recomend it to anyone. fantastic speed of delevery

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 28 Jun 2012
This review is from: Tetris Worlds (PS2) (Video Game)
Fantastic game ... Loads of different levels and types of games in one.. Great from the young to the old... Grandma loves this game!

5.0 out of 5 stars tetris worlds, 24 Oct 2009
George A. Britton (sunderland, Tyne & Wear) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tetris Worlds (PS2) (Video Game)
An excellent game with several versions of tetris. Thoroughly enjoyed playing this game & will continue to do so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Addictive - Beware !!, 17 April 2009
This review is from: Tetris Worlds (PS2) (Video Game)
I bought this game for me and my other half to play,and the truth of the matter is that this game is very addictive..especially Fusion Tetris.This Game is lots of Fun,Great value for money,easy controls,nice graphics.an all round winner.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Choice, 27 Mar 2009
A. Hutton - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tetris Worlds (PS2) (Video Game)
This has been one of my best buys and have spent hours playing. It is very addictive and well worth the money

Tetris Worlds (PS2)
Tetris Worlds (PS2) by THQ (PlayStation2)
Used & New from: 0.01