To think that money is being charge for this is outrageous, I've seen better spreadsheets quite frankly. It looks as if it were designed for Win3.1, the progress charts are useless, you can't correct mistakes in a profile - you have to recreate it - it's so inflexible. What I'd like to see is a way of putting in what calories and fat you ate during the day, coupled with the ability to add in the exercise done and see your progress tracked neatly. Avoid this like the plague.
on 14 February 2003
This Pc ROM is realy only for someone who wants structure in their Diet plan or who has read Joanna's Books and needs to see how to put the Plan into practise.
The Cd is easy to load and has easy to follow steps, there is an interactive character to help called 'Active Annie' which I frankly found to be annoying - she can be turned off.
Once you have loaded up all your details - height and weight including measurements - a tape measure is a must! The plan then gives you menu plans to follow and an exercise plan too. These are easy to follow and have all recipes you need, you can also change any details for example if you do not like a particlur choice you can swap for something else very easily.
I would say this is realy for the commited - If you want the structure and a way to monitor your progress this is for you. I found it annoying to have to log in all the time to print off menu plans etc and could not commit tho this type of stucture also - I am a bit old fashioned and prefer to use a notebook to wirte down the food I eat and to monitor my weight loss progress.
on 25 February 2003
Very disappointing unless you are from the States as many of the foods suggested in the diet sheets are not easily found here.
The suggestion thatyou can follow your own weight loss plan is fair enough but the foods suggested are not designed for one who follows a simple British diet.
Also, the exercises suggested for an overweight sixty-year old included a 45 minute run. More likely to do damage rather than good initially, I would have thought.
on 14 February 2003
Joanna Hall's Weight Loss Guide on the PC is really only useful for those who are regular users of a computer - I think it would be almost perfect if your Pc is in the Kitchen. You register all your details once the Cd Rom is loaded and it is all very easy to use and follow. Once all you details are in - hint - have a tape measure handy - then it will provide you with a list of menus that suit the lifestlye you lead and an exercise plan to follow. This is perfect for people who need a structured approach to weight loss. I have read Joanna Hall's Books which are easy to follow as well, but the Cd Rom allows the dieter to see how the plan can be put into practise. If you regularly will access you computer and print off the plans and like a way to keep track of your progress then this is for you. I found that I could not commit to this time of programme - I do not access my Pc everyday and in an old fashioned way would rather write down my progress on a piece of paper or in a notebook.