Format: Audio CD|Change

on 29 January 2002
What can I say, This album is absolutely brilliant. Lots of people may not like Fred Durst but but you've gotta respect him for signing such brilliant bands as Staind, Cold and Puddle of Mudd. All three are absolutely amazing. This is a brilliant debut album from Puddle of Mudd and I'm sure there's a lot more to come. The frontman sounds like a mixture of Kurt Cobain, Scott Stapp and Gavin Rosdale. The stand out tracks are 'Control', 'Drift and Die', 'Blurry', 'She Hates Me' and Piss it all Away. If you like such bands as Staind, Nirvana, Silverchair, Bush, Days of the New, Nickelback and Pearl Jam you will absolutely love this. I advise every single one of you to go out and buy this immediately!
on 2 September 2001
I got this cd while i was in the states on the strength of one song 'control' which was constantly bein played over the airwaves. I've bought cd's many times before on the strength of one song and have been dissapointed with the final product. Thankfully 'Come clean' is no way a one song cd!!.
This album has complete control of me, since i've been home i haven't stopped listinin to it. 'Control' kick starts this cd with an explosion of post grunge/rock, and a chorus that will leave u singin it for days. 'Drift and die ' is a nice acoustic number which then goes into your usual rocky chorus. 'Out of my head' is a good example of their alt'rock approach.
'She hates me' and 'Never change' are brilliant songs but the cd's highlight for me is 'Blurry'.This song is leaving me speechless each time i hear it!, a beautiful and emotional song I can easily listen to over and over again. Bein a hugh fan of Cold (an influence to this band), Pumpkins, Creed e.t.c. this band is right up my street.
I strongly recommend this if your into the alt rock scene!!!...but they're so easy to listen too. Buy this now!!!!!, 'Blurry 'is drivin me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a great song!!! What a great cd!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 22 January 2002
Just like to start off with sayin that Yes ok puddle of mudd may av similarities 2 other bands but who cares about that as long as u like the music you are goin to look for other similar bands!!! now come clean is a gr8 debut album, @ 1st listen the 1st 6 or 7 tunes catch ur ears str8 away but then the rest of the tunes gradually catch ur ears after a few listens!! now "control" is their clame 2 fame and ye its a good tune but its not the best!! personally my best is "blurry" which is a very powerful,emotional song and its superb!! "drift n die", "she hates me" and "bring me down" r my other fave tunes but the rest of the tunes r very good!! top album!!! if u like these check out- stain'd,alien ant farm,nickelback,p.o.d, and of course limp bizkit,linkin park n papa roach!!! all top bands!!! U knooooow!!
on 31 August 2001
I first heard about Puddle of Mudd when there was an article about Fred Durst singing them to his record label and me along with many others where hoping for not another Nu-Metal band!
Then I heard there song 'Control' which is also the first songle from the album I believe and I'm glad to say they aren't Nu-Metal :)
Puddle of Mudd's sound potrays that of Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains and sometimes even the legendary Pearl Jam.
The opening track 'Control' we heard Wes Scantlin's Weilamd-esque vocals combined with heavy duty riffage and a strong scent of melody. The song 'Blurry' is the radio ballard of the album, where as 'She Hates Me' is a tounge-in-cheek paen to failed relationships.
Over all this is a superb album and if you are a fan of Grunge music then I would strongley recommend you get a copy of this excellent Post-Grunge album!
on 21 September 2001
In a world where nu-metal is taking over, Puddle of mudd go to grunge and deliever a fantastic debut album. I brought this album without hearing a song and did not know what to expect, and I was pleasantly surprised. Come clean starts off with their U.S hit, control, which is a great song, with good music, good lyrics, and a great vocalist. Throughout the album it is superb song after superb song. Fred Durst maybe a hated man (I think he rules), but with Puddle of mudd, he has just discovered a grunge band on the verge of super-stardom. Puddle of mudd are the best newcomers of the year, and things can only get better.
on 4 September 2001
Puddle of Mudd, a relatively new band to my ears but i have to say a highly pleasent one. The album Come Clean is really well put together and the band have created an excellent sound for themselves. The music produced by Puddle of Mudd is really a cross between staind and incubus if a label had to be put on it but really their sound is unique and they will go far.
on 24 May 2002
This album is absolutely great, as an old skool grunger who went on to so calle dnu-metal for a while, this album is one of the best post grunge albums I have heard. The vocals and lyrics are very Nirvana-esque (especially on Nobody told me and She f88888g hates me). I don't think that after about 2 listens I found a single bad song on the entire cd. For once Fred Durst has doen something good since his early years with the Bizkit...keep it up, Puddle of Mudd are going to go far, I think the long waited search for a possible new Nirvana has arrived (strong words, but they are THAT DAMM GOOD).
Any self respecting grunger/rocker/nu-metaller go and buy this NOW, YOU NEED THIS!!!!
on 17 April 2006
..they think they are the best thing since sliced bread- you've gotta love it! On a more serious note.. This album must be my most prized possesion, it's got everything in it: Raw unbridled emotion in 'control', measured emotion in 'p*** it all away' and...errr... other stuff. Okay it is stadium rock, i'll grant you that, it is made to sound big and impressive, but when it all comes together like this you can't help but be impressed! The gentle melodies played out viciously by Scantlin and Phillips complement the vocals perfectly. If you want to hear perfect harmony, you need look no further than this album. Hopefully you'll be blown away and addicted as much as I was.
on 25 January 2002
This is an amazing first album from Puddle of Mudd. I bought this on the 'off-chance' as I had been told they were a mixture of Pearl Jam/Nirvana/Alice in Chains. Although they have been compared to other bands, they do have a sound of their own. Wes Scantlin's voice has a raw, grunge tone, which delivers the songs so well. 'Control' which I believe was a US hit (unfortunately not over in the UK) is a powerful, aggressive track which starts the album off just perfectly! If you were heavily into the scene of grunge back in 'the day' then this is a must! They are playing in London .....see you there!!!
on 27 March 2004
Every song on this album is just simply great. A real pleasure to listen too. I first heard them at The Reading Rock festiveal a few years back and they failed to turn my head. But after you listen to the album a couple of times you think wow! this is a really great album with some really great lyrics. They sound like Nivarna, and lets face it if Nivarna were still around they would be as big as the R.H.C.P. Puddle of Mud have a while to go yet before they are this big but they are still worth a go. All in all a good album. Add it to your collection now.