Format: Audio CD|Change

on 22 October 2003
I have only given this album one star, simply because it is a cover version not the original.There can be no comprimise, only the original will do.How can anyone substitute the original spoken word in various TV themes, that particular voice from the past that lingers in your memory.Albums like this are okay I suppose for people who are too young to have those memories, but for those of us who do, it is a dissapointment.Check the small print before you buy.I will from now on.
0Comment|142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 October 2002
this is not the album tv theme fans want.
for one thing some songs such as little house on the prarie arent any good hold no cult value and who would play in in the car.
I think theyve just thrown any old tune together
the knight rider tune is rubbish after half way threw you wouldn't recognize it.
this is a good album for the money but they left out so many more good tunes like street hawk and knight rider 2000
on 23 April 2002
A complete waste of money - these are NOT the real theme tunes as heard on TV, they are covers. They are close to the originals but they are just slightly off, which makes them really really bad.

Painful to listen to, a complete let-down. Its going in the bin.
22 comments|110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 December 2008
As stated by others, these are covers and not originals.
A waste of money!
Not the originals and so not the best.
However this is a tremendous selection of t.v. themes that still evokes a memory or two.
Also great for a nostalgic quiz when on a long car journey.
Great value, still enjoyable.
on 1 April 2010
I bought this album because i was presenting a soundtrack show for my student radio station. I listened to it once then it went straight in a charity bag. They were mostly all MIDI files. From what i can remember there was no mention of the sound quality on the outside of the box. I couldn't use a single song for my show. A complete waste of money. If i could rate no stars i would.
VINE VOICEon 15 June 2016
Yes, these are covers, not the original recordings, but to be honest I didn't find this a problem. They are wonderfully crisp, clear recordings. In fact, the only one I really didn't like at all was the 'Doctor Who' one, which didn't seem to capture any of the spookiness of the original. Otherwise there are some great tracks on here, taken from a broad mix of TV shows from the past 60 years. I loved the Mike Hammer, Wagon Train, and Robinson Crusoe ones. Bring out your inner Alan Partridge, and enjoy.
on 17 October 2006
Don't be put off by the fact that these are not original recordings. They have been reproduced with no expense spared - full orchestra with good musicians doing solos pieces, many of which are almost identical to the original recordings. I play the saxophone myself so I am quite picky about what recordings I buy - I wouldn't accept one bloke with his casio keyboard trying to recreate these classics.

Having said that, it is by no means perfect. Some of the tracks are a bit weak and not convincing at all but then you are getting 100 themes (must have taken an eternity to record). One plus with these recordings is that many themes are extended versions, if you bought original recordings you would mostly be getting very short tracks indeed. Some of the extended material is good and some isn't so great. My advice is that if you are after a specific theme, check out a website that lets you hear a sample first to make sure you will not be disappointed. If you just want to add these tunes to your collection then go ahead and buy it - it's excellent value for money.
on 23 November 2002
I thought about my local Pub Quiz night when I saw this Box Set. It proved to be an amazing success. A very comprehensive collection of classic & obscure TV themes gave me loads of fun.
on 26 November 2007
Even though these are not the original television themes, the songs are still done really well. It is kind of refreshing to hear songs you know well done differently. Highly recommended!