5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect introduction
I bought this album on the strength of TV/movies featuring some sort of Cuban scene featuring Cubanesque background music and a vague recollection of hearing the names Beni More and Tito Puente. It's a risk that hasn't always paid off, but Cafe Cubana was most definately an excellent buy.

I have since given it away twice and so have to keep re-buying it - a...
Published on 9 Nov. 2009 by Mr. B. Fell

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't get that Django effect.
Apart from the first track, I don't think I liked any of the rest. An absence of the cool Brazilian type stuff for me.

Buena Vista Social Club stuff by the old Cuban boys is much more like it for me.
Published 17 months ago by R Anderson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect introduction, 9 Nov. 2009
Mr. B. Fell - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuba - Cafe Cubana: Guitars Cigars and Cadillacs: the Greatest Cuban Music (Audio CD)

I have since given it away twice and so have to keep re-buying it - a sign of a great CD. I have also bought several other Cafe ... titles on the strength of this CD; they are good, but this remains the creme de la creme.

I just wish I spoke Spanish so I could tell what they were singing about, but then maybe that's part of the fun of this CD: it reminds you of that foreign holiday, sat in the heat suppping your drink, not having a clue what people are saying but just watching the world go by.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 4 July 2011
Having been given a Bueno Vista Social Club CD I was looking for other music in the same vain but witut spending a lot of money in case I didn't like it. Well I got all that I wanted and more as this is such great value for money and the music is brilliant. I play itin th background in my cafe where I lso play Big Band and Jazz music so the quirky style fits right in. Would recommend this CD any day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Holiday in Your Home, 1 May 2002
By A Customer
I wanted some music to relax to, something different to the many chill out albums on the market at the moment. And what better than something that reminds you of being on holiday! Lazing in a small bar by the beach, cocktail umbrellas and lime topping every drink. I love it. The smell of the air and light breeze making the candle lamps shimmer. This is exactly what this album says to me. The songs are similar all the way through, with the bongos, pianos etc, yet different in there own little way. It is a peaceful album which also contains a bit of fun and spice. Perfect for those barbeques in summer at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dance or Listen to, it is a delight!, 23 April 2012
I have several of the "Cafe" series, and this is the one I like the best. It has some smooth sounds for background listening, plus you can salsa dance to most as well. I have never been to Cuba, but I can imagine it is an authentic sound. Some of the tracks seem like they were recorded long ago, and are now given a fresh airing. Overall the whole CD is a delight, with no filler. Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars cuban music at it's best, 20 Jun. 2014
after visiting cuba a while ago i wanted to to have some music to remind me of a great holiday this is cuban music at it's finest.. brilliant well priced love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for Mother's Day, 23 Mar. 2014
Got this for my Mum for her Mother's Day gift. I've been to Cuba and love the culture, and she loves Hispanic music, so this works well as a gift. I've just had a listen and the songs are all really relaxing. I don't drink, but this album definitely made me want to indulge in a Cuba Libré (preferably in the sun....).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 16 Jan. 2014
Fantastic, fun, great, love it, it's fantastic, light your soul. Al good, more please need more it's great love love it

5.0 out of 5 stars They loved this in California., 2 Dec. 2013
This album was sent to Los Angeles for a xmas present,were they love this Latino music,they have listened to it and they really love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It will leave you dancing, 29 Oct. 2013
Great collection of classic Cuban sounds. There is variety, but the songs are well positioned to create a smooth transition from one to another. Uplifting and soothing music. A great buy!

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't get that Django effect., 21 Aug. 2013