4.0 out of 5 stars A book that is hard to put down
Published on 25 Oct 2001 by James and Kathryn Schapel

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but not memorable
There is something very likable about 'The Husband List'. The characters aren't particularly memorable - I couldn't describe either Richard Shelton or Gillian Marley, partly because they're both a little bland - but the plot goes beyond the standard inheritances and misunderstandings, livened up with a dash of originality.
If there is one quibble, it would be that...
Published on 3 Nov 2001 by saggingbookshelf

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but not memorable, 3 Nov 2001
If there is one quibble, it would be that the word "cent" managed to slip through the entire editorial process. Any writer of historical novels should at least know that Regency England used pennies, shillings, pounds and guineas! I know it's just one word, but for mistakes like that make it imposible to get properly involved in the book.
'The Husband List' is an enjoyable book, if not an excellent one. It's a light-hearted, frothy way to pass the time, but probably not a keeper.

4.0 out of 5 stars A book that is hard to put down, 25 Oct 2001
I am a reader of many romance novels of the Regency Era and as such constantly delve into books written by an author I have not yet encountered. I was pleasantly surprised by my choice of Victoria Alexander as I found a book that was entertaining and also rewarding. I rather enjoy a romance with wit and humour as it lightens my mood after a heavy day. The story line was a little light and sometimes mundane, but instead of making me dislike the book, I saw it as a pause to gather my thoughts before the pace picked up and took me away. Many parts of this book had me laughing and in order to read more about the families of Richard Shelton and Gillian Marley I have already bought the other books Victoria has written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Sep 2014
very good and in excellant condtion

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Aug 2014
good book fast delivery

1.0 out of 5 stars Definitely not memorable, 11 Oct 2003
I actually couldn't pick this book up after the first 10 pages. It dragged, seemed unrealistic with one man posing as two over a long period.Why didn't he just say yes or no to the proposal.

The Husband List
The Husband List by Victoria Alexander (Unknown Binding)
Out of stock