5.0 out of 5 stars Thank God for Lazy Dog!, 18 Mar 2002
This review is from: Lazy Dog Vol.2 (Audio CD)
The first Lazy Dog double CD presented a deliciously deep menu of stunning tracks and has never been too far from my CD player. Imagine my joy then when I spied this follow up.
Am I disappointed? NO WAY! Ben and Jay have followed their impressive debut with something more than worthy, and even, dare I say it, better.
You can expect a beautifully crafted double set of deep, jazzy, latin influenced tunes that are wonderfully bass heavy. The mixing is superb and the thought and feeling that goes into each track transition really helps to build the tension.
For anyone that has never been to a Lazy Dog night, these CDs will give you a taste of what to expect in the comfort of your own living room, which although is very nice indeed, still can't beat actually being there.
What are you waiting for?

5.0 out of 5 stars Sunday nights will never be the same again, 4 Mar 2002
Mr. P. Ridge - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lazy Dog Vol.2 (Audio CD)
This is the second collection of dance tracks from the Lazy Dog club night run in Notting Hill by Ben Watt, of Everything But The Girl-fame. Now stop there! This has nothing to do with twee, jangly guitar pop, or miserable videos about missing someone ... Watt has long been a respected figure on the house market, and I don't mean amongst estate agents. As a remixer and producer, he's been twiddling with the knobs on the mixing desk for quite some time now, and what originally started as an excuse to get some mates together on a Sunday night in London to groove to some deep house and round off the weekend, has now built up into a bit of a cult, such is the sound oozing from the decks.
The tunes are elegant, jazz-influenced and bass-heavy, with some hot latin touches and pared-down remixes by Watt himself on some pretty big dance tunes from the last couple of years (Sade, Sunshine Anderson). The set flows properly and you can tell it's been lovingly crafted by a master DJ who really knows how to "build" a night, lifting it here, dropping it there, but all the while knowing what will keep people on the dance-floor.
Even if you don't know any of the names on the track-listing apart from Sade... even if you haven't been to a nightclub since they were called "discos" ...even if you thought "deep house" was something that a mole might live in ... give this double-disc compilation a listen if you fancy something up-tempo and - above all - uplifting. Your Sunday nights will never be the same again, I guarantee!

5.0 out of 5 stars over 40 but still up for it !!!, 11 April 2006
mr m preston (west down, north devon United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lazy Dog Vol.2 (Audio CD)
Lazy Dog 2 is definately the dogz.....a fantastic mix of soul, funk, jazz and deep house - not a track goes by when your concentration starts to wander - fantastic beach house / party / driving / chillin combo - come on Ben when are we gonna get another set ??

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Dog with Lazy Dog, 2 Aug 2005
This review is from: Lazy Dog Vol.2 (Audio CD)
Bought the 1st album after hearing it play in my local record shop a few years ago, then immidiatly bought this 2nd album when it came out...........defiantly not dissappointed. My most played album on my PC.
Favourite tune has to be "summer" very Santana like with an upbeat modern groove.
Cannot recomend this album highly enuf to those who love soulfull deep house (especially having been a trance freak !!!!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Supreme, 24 Nov 2007
This review is from: Lazy Dog Vol.2 (Audio CD)
Best House Record bar none, and one of my top ten discs of all time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 30 Mar 2007
This review is from: Lazy Dog Vol.2 (Audio CD)
I've had this CD for years and I have played it over and over and over again. It doesn't matter where you are; in the car, at home, at a party, in the gym, I've even used it to teach aerobics classes! It's so uplifting it leaves you feeling warm and summery and carefree! If anything happened to my copy, I'd have to go out and replace it immediately. I have lots of latin-style CDs and each one has certain tracks I don't like, but I don't get that with Lazy Dog 2. This one is, without a shadow of a doubt, THE best one of the lot and I'm forever searching for something to equal it. Anyone with any suggestions?

ARRAY(0xa7a98fd8)

Lazy Dog Vol.2
Lazy Dog Vol.2 by Jay Hannan (Audio CD - 2002)