5.0 out of 5 stars Hatred, Suicide and Depression Never Sounded So Good!
As you hear the opening roar of 'Sick Of It All' you know this album is all about fast, heavy, violent punk anthems with clever, witty lyrics. When you hear Brody's voice for the first time it's like a cannon ball hurtling towards you, nothing stands it's way, and it doesn't care if it knocks you straight over. Her voice is full of the pain and oppression that bands like...
Published on 19 Oct. 2003 by A Random Misfit

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly different to the other reviews
Published on 28 July 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars ~*~For Those Who Thrive On Punk Rawk....~*~, 24 Mar. 2002
Milo's Mum (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sing Sing Death House (Audio CD)
...this one's for you.outstandingly simple and affecting lyrics, vocals that come straight from the pits of brody's troubled soul and musicianship thats a pristine mess. buy it. now.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Revenants Strike, 19 Nov. 2003
This review is from: Sing Sing Death House (Audio CD)
In my opinion, Sing Sing Death House is one of the most inspiring punk albums (next to And Out Come The Wolves and Dookie)the energy within this album is so intense. Opener Sick Of It All is Brody's statement that only violence can be brought out by playing music. In most cases this is a very short album (clocking in around under 30 mins) but where it may lack in time it is short and sweet, lyrically its personal and confrontational with songs about Brody herself (The Young Crazed Peeling)and death related topics (I Am A Revenant)but it still rocks.
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN THE REVENANTS HAVE STRUCK

5.0 out of 5 stars Raw as Raw Can Be!, 14 April 2007
This review is from: Sing Sing Death House (Audio CD)
This album is top class and was a massive influence on the Cherry Hooker sound! Brody Dalle's vocals range from the savage, to the drunk to the melancholy. The album opens with an incredible, rabble rousing, hell for leather anthem and keeps up the momentum throughout! If you've ever felt at odds with the world and need an adrenaline buzz this album will save you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Raw But Brilliant, 20 April 2004
This review is from: Sing Sing Death House (Audio CD)
I was first introduced to The Distillers last year when I heard a song oftheirs, "City Of Angels" on the radio. I remember thinking, "Well, it'sabout time someone like her has come along...it's been a while sinceCourtney/Hole". Firstly, I bought their third record but first commercialrelease, Coral Fang. It instantly became the new No.1 in my CD rack. Thesongs had simple hooks, great melodies and vocals, amazing drums andfantastic lyrics. But I still hadn't gotten around to buying SingSing.
Then, the other day I was in my local record store, who just a month agohad no idea who The Distillers were when I asked them about it, and foundSing Sing squashed in amongst the racks. I immediately picked it up,brought it home and put it in my CD player. And I was impressed. The best$24 I've spent in a while. Highlights of the album include the openingtrack, Sick of it All, also The Young Crazed Peeling, Young Girl, Hate Me,Desperate, Understand, and Lordy Lordy. Basically every single track. Ithas a very raw punk vibe which might be hard for alot of people to relateto, but if you're into punk in any way then this is the CD for you! Evenif your not into it, it's still a great listen.
Brody's lyrics on the album go straight to the bone, chilling you, makingyou think, and then you get this feeling where some of the lyrics relateto all of us. I find this record a great anger release actually. I let itdo the screaming, and it feels great whenever I listen to it. Sing Sing isdefinitely a great buy, and you won't be disappointed. The Distillersabsoloutely rock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shouty girl, 13 Sept. 2007
S. Young "novistador" (Rotherham,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sing Sing Death House (Audio CD)
No disrespect to the other band members but Brody is the reason to get this. Best female vocals I have heard in very many years.Catchy noisy sing-along, first album with the dog on the cover is even better. I hope I'm sttill listening to this in 20years time

5.0 out of 5 stars geddit!, 27 July 2003
This review is from: Sing Sing Death House (Audio CD)
geddit!you need this album!i cant describe just how amazing it is so ill probably get loadsa people sayin' that this review was not helpful but what the hell! GEDDIT NOW! GO BACK AND CLICK ADD TO BASKET! NOW!TRUST ME, A STRANGER!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good album, 10 April 2013
This review is from: Sing Sing Death House (Audio CD)
The CD itself and the case is all in near perfect condition, my only query with it is a couple of the plastic disc holder pieces are broken, so the disc doesn't quite stay in place. Otherwise excellent

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly different to the other reviews, 28 July 2003
This review is from: Sing Sing Death House (Audio CD)
I've read the other reviews of this album on here and i'm afraid mine is a little different to all the 5 stars and 'wow this is great' kind of thing. To me this album is split into two. Sick Of It All, I Am A Revenant, Seneca Falls, The Young Crazed Peeling, City Of Angels and Lordy Lordy are great tunes that are worth listening too. Can't say much more than that. However, Sing Sing Death House, Bullet and The Bullseye, Young Girl, Hate Me, Desperate and I Understand are tuneless and Brodys harsh, but cool singing voice just turns to pure unbearable screaming. The lyrics are very good throughout the whole album but some of the tracks let the whole thing down. It's a shame because from the first set of songs i listed i know the distillers can write good tunes but fail to do so in some cases. I will admit that one of the main reasons i feel this way is probably because i'm more into rock than punk and some of the songs would be great for a punk fan but not for rock. If you are into punk rock in a big way then although i may of seemed negative in this review, i would recommend you buy this because there are some good songs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Distillers - Sing Sing Death House, 26 Feb. 2003
Wow
I was worried that without Casper the Distillers 2nd album wouldn't match up to the quality of the First(Which unlike other reviewers I thought was excellent). But none of it. This is just as good. Brody Armstrong has a perfect voice for this raw energy Punk music. If you like your music loud,strong fast and mean then this album is a must for you.
Why only four stars? With only twelve tracks the album is a little too short, especially when Young Girls is a remix from the first album. Still I'm being picky, this record is the Biz.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sing Sing Death House., 23 Mar. 2003
James Godden (Dover, Kent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sing Sing Death House (Audio CD)
This album is a must have. First song Sick Of It All is a punk rallying kick in the balls, probably the best song on the album, if just for the "we are kids, we play punk rock n roll" at the end. Second song I Am A Revenant is the best suited to follow the storming opener, another chanty oi! style song. Other highlights are the two singles City Of Angels and The Young Crazed Peeling, title track Sing Sing Death House, but all the other songs are brilliant as well.
Its an excellent album and you can't really disagree. Distillers have bred life into a diluted scene and its bloody great.

Sing Sing Death House
Sing Sing Death House by Distillers (Audio CD - 2002)