5.0 out of 5 stars A MUSIC LEGEND...
Published on 18 Jun 2008 by Lawyeraau

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Songwriter Given Only 29 Minutes To Prove It!
These 12 tracks from 1966-1968 give a glimpse of Tim Hardin's talents as a songwriter and recording artist.
For me 3 songs really stand out, Reason To Believe, If I Were A Carpenter and Lady Came From Baltimore, Tim sings these love songs from the heart.
As it happened they are much better known covered by artists like Rod Stewart and Johnny Cash.
So enjoy...
Published on 27 July 2011 by J. Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUSIC LEGEND..., 18 Jun 2008
Lawyeraau (Balmoral Castle) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Best Of20th Century_Masters (Audio CD)
In the late sixties, early seventies, I had a Tim Hardin LP album that I played to death. It was my all time favorite LP. As technological advances were made and CDs came to the fore, it was consigned to a box with all my other LP albums. I was, therefore, thrilled to find this CD with all my Tim Hardin favorites. I was not disappointed by it. It is, without a doubt, my favorite CD.

Tim Hardin was a very gifted musician, singer, and songwriter. His music is a celebration of the human spirit which is ironic, considering that his own life ended so tragically from a drug over dose. His songs often sung by others, Tim Hardin did it best. A cornucopia of emotion and sound, there is not a bad song on this entire CD. It is quintessential Tim Hardin.

While some purists may object to the orchestral arrangement on this CD, it only enhances already great music. What makes it unique is Tim Hardin himself, a truly gifted artist with no equal. A folksinger who shaded his music with blues and jazz overtones, Tim Hardin sang with a poignancy that will touch your heart. At times romantic and lyrical, other times positively soulful, Tim Hardin was an original.

When he sang his music, Tim Hardin spoke to your very soul. It is this quality, and not the musical arrangement, that makes his music transcend the passage of time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Songwriter Given Only 29 Minutes To Prove It!, 27 July 2011
J. Thompson "Willingale" (Essex UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Best Of20th Century_Masters (Audio CD)
So enjoy all this has to offer and, if you want more, possibly look to Tim Hardin 1 and 2 on 1 CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Best Of20th Century_Masters (Audio CD)
I had this album before but misplaced it. Tim Hardin is an oft
overlooked singer/songwriter and that's a shame. Many of his
songs are brief ,which I find frustrating, sort of like a Folk
Ramone but are always heartfelt and quite beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia, 11 May 2014
This review is from: Best Of20th Century_Masters (Audio CD)
It was so good to listen once again to Tim Hardin who was a favourite singer of mine back in the day. I play it in my car all the time and never tire of listening to him. Tim Hardin has a unique voice - which is so hard to sing along to as the notes and sounds are completely his own - but I do anyway! The album is deceptively simple and has timelessly beautiful lyrics.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Album 60s songcrafting at its best, 28 April 2014
This review is from: Best Of20th Century_Masters (Audio CD)
Several poignant songs How can we hang on to a Dream.. If I were a Carpenter ,really quite affecting. His slightly cracked voice lends a yearning quality and the simplicity of the arrangements lets the emotions shine through one for the wistful

5.0 out of 5 stars xmas present, 13 Jan 2014
This review is from: Best Of20th Century_Masters (Audio CD)
I purchased this CD for my mother for an Xmas present and she was thrilled with it. It was delivered promptly and in tact.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent compilation of a cult figure of american folk rock., 9 July 2013
This review is from: Best Of20th Century_Masters (Audio CD)
great voice. very distinctive sound. classic songs such as - if I were a carpenter. would recommend it highly. a must have for anyone serious about folk rock in sixties America.

4.0 out of 5 stars I particularly like "Lady from Baltimore", 1 Aug 2014
This review is from: Best Of20th Century_Masters (Audio CD)
He was such a talented songwriter and this is a suitable showcase for his talents. I particularly like "Lady from Baltimore".

Best Of20th Century_Masters
Best Of20th Century_Masters by Tim Hardin (Audio CD - 2002)