on 19 September 2003
This is an execellent DVD, I bought the CD a couple of years ago, and was in NYC when the original telecast was aired. I think some of the bands give great performances, Bon Jovi (who I was never a fan of) performed a great rock set, Goo Goo Dolls with and execellent cover, Bowie was perfect, and The Who were superb and stole the show. Good comedy slots with Operaman (Adam Sandler) being the pick of the bunch. There are also celeb's accompanying Heros from 9/11, Meg Ryan with the Stackpole family is particularly moving. Overall a great benefit concert and funds from the DVD go to the Robin Hood charity. Buy it and enjoy, I am not sure if it was broadcast in the UK, but is worth getting your hands on, new or second-hand.
on 10 May 2011
The performances in this concert are some of the best I've heard, The Who in particular are at their very best (without Keith Moon). Other notable acts for me were Keith Richards/Mick Jagger, James Taylor and Five for Fighting. This DVD is a US DVD so needs a multi region player to play in the UK, for all those complaining about it not being mentioned the title states NTSC which is the US standard.
on 20 January 2010
Great performaces by music and film artists. The Who steal the show. Shame its not available in region 2 format.
on 6 July 2010
I had the same problem as other reviewers. Bought it from Amazon, it didn't play on my dvd player. Sent it back for a replacement - that wouldn't play either. After doing that three times gave up. Amazon didn't even have the courtesy to reply to my queries. If it can only be played on a laptop in the UK the blurb should say so.
on 6 June 2015
quality could be better...
on 18 March 2016
Good product and service
on 19 January 2010
Not fit for purpose as it wouldn't play on my dvd or x box, therefore cannot rate it.
on 14 October 2009
The contents of the concert were very good, however the American format of the DVD did not work on my home DVD player or PC. I had to watch it on my laptop. I thought that by buying from Amazon UK that the DVD would be formatted for UK use
on 8 May 2013
Didn't want to rubbish it because it would not play . DVD threw up the message REGION ERROR which Google tells you it is an anti piracy move but which restricts where it can be played. Ads it cost £4.50 to send back it was not a ggod purchase. I have taken this up with AMAZON.