Format: DVD|Change

on 26 May 2004
loosely based on Fanny Brice, these two films can show me something new every time I watch them.Fanny as a young girl is as gawky as they come but Miss Brice was a very determined lady, she wanted it all,and boy, does she achieve it. The appearance of Cairo Fred (Omar) adds to the thrills, the seduction scene in his hotel (Funny Girl) still holds the magic. Great songs, good story, magnificant cast.........
on 12 August 2011
Funny Girl was the first film of Barbra Streisland that I've watched; I was absolutely besotted by her face and feisty character. I enjoyed the Hollywood glitz too and the dancing girls; as well Omar Shirif was an excellent male lead. The face was still great in Funny Lady but I found the feisty character a bit wearing and the male lead was rather weak. So whereas I would give Girl 5 stars to my mind the two together merit only 4. I suppose this is partly because I found Lady a bit of a repeat of Girl.
on 5 March 2010
Voice of pure gold and personality to match.Funny Girl/Funny Lady are everything you expect them to be. Great productions. A legacy to Barbra's talents. Watching her in these productions, it was obvious she would go on to be regarded as one of the true greats. If you love her work, i don't need to say any more!
on 9 February 2013
I keep saying I don't like musicals! Streisand is wonderful. During viewing, at no point do I think to myself, 'I'm watching a musical', she is an excellent actress and Funny Girl is superbly scripted and edited - it deserved all the award nominations, and of course Babs won Best Actress. The score is extremely well crafted. I defy anyone to sit through this and not weep with abandon during the closing song, 'My Man'. I prefer Funny Girl, but why not get Funny Lady into the bargain? You know it makes sense.
on 21 January 2013
I purchased this DVD from Amazon as a Xmas gift back in September but this is the first time that the DVD has been used it does not play as it should it is blacked out at the beginning and in the middle it blacks out again with a sign that says intermission there is a problem I have been advise I can not return have not tried the other DVD yet
on 25 July 2013
Found the Widescreen version difficult to watch on our old TV, as it kept "jumping" and missing scenes. In fact, one of the flims even started about one third of the way through!! We now have a new set, but have yet to try these again.
on 19 September 2000
Funny Girl is a lovely movie . A movie that all us romantics out there love . It tells the story of a young woman that becomes a star and her love for a gambler . Funny Girls is a great movie . It combines humor, romanticism and serious stuff . The plot has some twists that I could not have foreseen .
Funny Lady is the sequel to Funny Girl . Funny Lady is not as good as Funny Girl .
on 1 May 2010
This was an excellent puchase for the money so little it makes you think is it true. The speed and service was as one expects from Amazon, great thank you.
Francis
on 26 March 2013
What a debut ! Streisand does every thing including comedy on rollerskates. The songs and the costumes are superb and the script holds your attention to the end
on 30 May 2014
One of my favourite films, I could watch it over and over again. Any cold wet afternoons I have spare I will be on the sofa watching Funny Girl again.