5.0 out of 5 stars cactus jack - fantastic
Published on 21 May 2008 by Mrs. Lisa Ransom

3.0 out of 5 stars Great little comedy
Kirk Douglas is in fine form as the loveable rogue of the title. Like another reviewer I saw this as a double feature and this was better than the "A" movie. It's a daft hoot and Jack is just like the Road Runner. Arnold is great as "Handsome Stranger" and the seven shot six shooter is a brilliantly stupid plot device. I loved it.
Published on 10 July 2012 by Steven

5.0 out of 5 stars cactus jack - fantastic, 21 May 2008
This review is from: Cactus Jack [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
i saw this film years ago at the cinema in a double feature with spiderman! really funny and i was only 8! but my lasting memory was Whiskey, jack's horse! and my dad carrying on laughing when everyone else in the cinema had stopped and me and my 5 brothers and sisters all sliding down in our seats so nobody would see we were with my parents! ah bless my old dad, he's 73 now and i bought this film for him as a surprise!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cactus Jack, 3 Mar 2009
This review is from: Cactus Jack [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
I was delighted to find this dvd as I had only a vague memory of seeing Kirk Douglas in a very funny cowboy movie with a horse many years ago. Inevitably perhaps, it wasn't quite as funny as I remembered it but it is still a really feel good silly film that is perfect to cheer the whole family up during the gloomy times of the credit crunch.

4.0 out of 5 stars soooo good, 29 Jun 2008
P. Jukes "Jukesio" (england, birmingham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cactus Jack [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
this is so bad that its good, its just like road runner the cartoon. i got it 3 days before it was esimated which was good. brilliant film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Fun Film, 31 Jan 2010
J. Trueman "John T" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cactus Jack [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
Just Think Kirk Douglas in fine form as Cactus Jack (The Villain), also his horse OTT as (Whiskey) his original owner must have really trained him well a true scene stealer as well ( A pair of lovable Rogues, his name must mean Over The Top as his owner Cactus Jack always seems get himself set up and then Whiskey foils him in his deeds of trying to outsmart Arnold Schwarzenegger as Handsome Stranger (The Hero), and Ann-Magret as Charming Jones, and these two trying to gain her love, think Wile E Coyote and Road Runner this film is the LIVE version, that`s your movie, not the greatest film in the world but with Hal Needham directing you know his pedigree,stunt man on Blazing Saddles, Director on Smokey and The Bandit, and Cannonball Run that`s it result fun film
... it can cheer you up no end
Watch when you buy this dvd film it is under 2 titles Cactus Jack (UK and Europe) region 2 */* The Villain (USA) region 1 both available on Amazon

4.0 out of 5 stars CACTUS JACK, 19 Jun 2009
This review is from: Cactus Jack [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
if you like the 40s & 50s warner bros cartoons, road runner etc you'll like this. Douglas is the inept Wile coyote to arnie is the over nieve road runner. But the star is the horse, should have got an oscar for that. If you wonder if it is as good as you remember from ong ago, the answer is probably yes! come on at these prices there's nothing to loose.

5.0 out of 5 stars comedy western, 9 Jun 2009
June Rough (nottingham, england,uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cactus Jack [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
A GOOD LAUGH FROM START TO FINISH. I COULD NOT BE SURE WHO WAS THE BEST ACTOR, KIRK DOUGLAS OR WHISKY, HIS HORSE! BRILLIANT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cactus Jack DVD, 17 July 2012
This review is from: Cactus Jack [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
The best Comedy Western ever. Kirk Douglas at his best as the accident prone Badman Cactus Jack. I have seen this film many times and never get tired of watching it again. Very Very funny.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great little comedy, 10 July 2012
Steven - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great slapstick comedy, 24 Aug 2009
A. Larsen (Norway) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cactus Jack [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
I remembering seeing this movie 15 years ago when I was a great fan of Arnold Schwarzenegger. It has such great moments of cartoonic comedy and slapstick humour, and it is still funny in its simple way. Kirk Douglas i hillarious as the clumsy bandit that never manages to to anything right. Cheaply made but entertaining. Recommended for fans of the Chaplin, Zucker-brothers and roadrunner cartoons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 9 July 2013
This review is from: Cactus Jack [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
Very good DVD, light hearted comedy, reminds of the comics when we were small children. Excellent condition, good to go back to childhood sometimes.

Cactus Jack [DVD] [2002]
Cactus Jack [DVD] [2002] by Hal Needham (DVD - 2002)