5.0 out of 5 stars John Wilson Light Orchestra
John Wilson has created the best light orchestra I have heard for many a long year.

For me it is nostalgic due to the fact that I'm terribly old (77) so I can sit listening to it whilst dreaming away of the days when life was no hassle, happy, great fun and less intense than to-day.

For me the best recording is one I had to have specially created for...
Published on 9 Jan 2010 by G. E. Price

1.0 out of 5 stars soft lights &sweet music
I was very dissapointed with this cd Very dull and slow just not what I expected
I saw the show on BBC3 THIS WAS VERY GOOD Songs from the shows
You can't win them all.
Knitting Nan
Published on 4 Oct 2010 by knitting nan

5.0 out of 5 stars John Wilson Light Orchestra, 9 Jan 2010
This review is from: Soft Lights and Sweet Music: the Scores of Angela Morley (Audio CD)

For me the best recording is one I had to have specially created for me of the John Wilson Orchestra at the Royal Albert Hall playing music from MGM musicals.

I have all his CDs but there can never be enough, so maybe he will jog up and down waving his baton to many more.

5.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining hour's popular orchestral music, 30 Sep 2012
Dr. H. A. Jones "Howard Jones" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This is another CD released by Vocalion that features the John Wilson Orchestra playing popular melodies arranged by Angela Morley. She has arranged many popular and classical works for performers such as Leopold Stokowski, Placido Domingo, Yo Yo Ma, and Frederica von Stade. She has also worked as orchestrator, composer or arranger on many film scores, such as Star Wars, E.T., Home Alone and Schindler's List. It was she who arranged the lovely waltz tune by the Sherman brothers for the British television version of the Cinderella story, The Slipper and the Rose.

This CD features 16 songs from the American Songbook - some are songs from movies or Broadway shows, others are songs written for Tin Pan Alley. Some are very well known, like Vernon Duke's `April in Paris', Jerome Kern's `Smoke gets in your eyes', the Gershwins' `Embraceable you'; and Rodgers and Hart's `Where or when'. But other tracks, though still popular, are less well-known - titles like Claude Thornhill's `Snowfall'; Kern's `Nobody else but me'; and Johnny Mandel's `Emily'. This is a thoroughly entertaining hour of popular music in individual arrangements.

5.0 out of 5 stars relax, 10 Sep 2011
very lovely relaxed arrangments - top band great sound - john on form as normal worth your dosh should release more stuff

5.0 out of 5 stars Real music, 28 Jan 2012
D. Parsons (Northants) - See all my reviews
Nice to be still able to buy real music, Sit and relax with this CD,If you like orchestral music You will not be disappionted. John Wilson and his orchestra are to be congratulated for their performance.

5.0 out of 5 stars A class act in music, 18 Jun 2013
If you like smooth music then this is for you. The arrangements are out of this world, especially Lonely Town.
This is just the music to get all nostalgic over. I loved every minute of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality counts, 6 Mar 2013
Because Amazon make it possible for me to play the music I select . If I like it, I dowload it.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love easy listening type of music and this CD fits ..., 20 July 2014
I love easy listening type of music and this CD fits the bill. I hate previews because I don't wish to go on endlessly about the artiste or product. I know what I like,thats why I bought it. No complaints. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Orchestra., 1 Sep 2014
Great melodic C.D. Angela Morely's arrangements are great, played beautifully by John Wilson and his orchestra

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY GOOD, 28 Dec 2011
THE CD ARRIVED PROMPTLY AND IN GOOD CONDITITON. ANOTHER GOOD JOHN WILSON CD TO RELAX AND LISTEN TO. I WOULD RECOMMEND IT.

1.0 out of 5 stars soft lights &sweet music, 4 Oct 2010