5.0 out of 5 stars Dame Janet Baker
Published on 2 Aug 2002 by Phil

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor packaging.
Published 4 months ago by susanna maria ritter

5.0 out of 5 stars Dame Janet Baker, 2 Aug 2002
This review is from: The Very Best of Janet Baker (Audio CD)
This is a wonderful CD of classic English folk songs that with be remembered by many who where at school in the 60's. The track "linden lea" by Vaughn Williams is the quintessential English country folk song full of late summer warmth and longing for days gone by. Dame Jane's' voice is perfection personified and will bring a tear to the eye, well worth every penny.

4.0 out of 5 stars The very best of..., 5 Feb 2009
Mrs. V. Turner "Aurora" (Cambridge Engalnd) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Best of Janet Baker (Audio CD)
I first heard Janet's sublime voice at an elderly uncle's funeral and asked around to find out who it was singing. I asked for this album for christmas and I have not been disappointed! Her silky voice makes for very easy listening. I know I shall enjoy her wonderful voice for many years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Supreme mezzo at the peak of her powers, 17 April 2012
D. Mcnally (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Best of Janet Baker (Audio CD)
Any young artist starting out would do well to listen to Dame Janet Baker. These recordings mostly from the 1960's and 70's show Dame Janet singing many mezzo works and arias and in doing so she set down a standard by which most other artists can be measured. Her breath control, lyricism and dramatic range is pitch perfect as is her overflowing love -listen to the Angel's Farewell in Gerontius. Remarkable stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bliss, 4 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Very Best of Janet Baker (Audio CD)
Such a wonderful singer with the ability to give you the impression what you hear is someone thinking - so soft but clear. You want to hold your breath to listen sometimes.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing bargain, 14 Sep 2013
Martin L. Borish (London, UK) - See all my reviews
one of the all time great singers of the 20th century. An astonishing value to get most of her finest recordings for such a low price.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, 23 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Very Best of Janet Baker (Audio CD)
My perfect voice.how can she be 80 this month.happiest of birthdays Janet Baker.God Bless.there will never be another voice like hers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor packaging., 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Very Best of Janet Baker (Audio CD)
I am very disappointed with this item.I received the CD's on the 27th of February.All the pieces of the container were broken.When I tried to play the disks I found that they were both scratched.The seller offered me only 40% of the purchase price which I did not want to accept.The seller then told me to return the item to them after which he will refund me with the full purchase price..As the condition of the item is so bad it is not worth paying the postage on this item.I hope the seller will reconsider.

The Very Best of Janet Baker
The Very Best of Janet Baker by Janet Baker (Audio CD - 2002)