5.0 out of 5 stars In the heart of Transylvania, in the vampire hall of fame...
I purchased this DVD for my younger sister's 18th birthday and what a nostalgia trip it turned out to be! I remembered how much I loved this cartoon and Cosgrove Hall when I was younger and it really did bring me back to my cildhood.
Published on 28 Mar. 2002 by ladyjuliet

1.0 out of 5 stars the dvd was bought for my grandson and it wont work .1 star because it arrived .
this dvd does not work it keeps going back to the beginning after a few seconds .
this item should have been checked before sending out
Published on 30 Jan. 2013 by Steve

5.0 out of 5 stars In the heart of Transylvania, in the vampire hall of fame..., 28 Mar. 2002
This review is from: Count Duckula: Vampire Vacation/Transylvanian Homesick Blues [DVD] (DVD)
You get six episodes from the first series, there aren't any extras but that doesn't really matter. The animation quality is excellent, as are the voices provided by the talented David Jason, Brian Truman, and the late Jack May.
Throughout the various episodes, Duckula goes on vacation to visit his family in Spain (and ends up fighting a viscious bull!), does some adventuring in Egypt, attempts to get his gloomy castle decorated by a Laurence Lwellyen-Bow type (including Hall of Mirrors), does some time-travel and gets chased by a ressurected Duckula! All the silly gags add to the fun, and don't forget the great narrator! Goodnight out there... whatever you are!!!
A MUST HAVE for all Cosgrove Hall fans and big kids alike! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Essence of Blood, 6 April 2005
As a child of the 80's we were granted many of the great cartoons ever. For instance Thundercats, He-man, Dangermouse and of course the great Count Duckula! This cartoon brings me back to my childhood. When i found out that you could get Count Duckula on DVD, I hit the roof! I was so excited that they decided to ditribute it and I have now a copy in my hands. The animation, the voices, just the whole ambience of the cartoon is a treasure and I have passed on the bug to my younger siblings who missed the original runs and they love it too. If you want to have something to give you a throwback to the eighties, purchace this! You will not regret it! Even if it is to watch the idiosity that is nanny or the sarcasm of Igor!

5.0 out of 5 stars i LOVE count Duckula!!!, 22 Sept. 2005
By A Customer
Yay! i used to watch Count Duckula as a child and i was so excited when i found an old video of it when i was tidying out my house. I loved it so much i knew i had to see more! So i came on here and to my delight i found this DVD! My favourite episode has to be when they're in Egypt with Hoomite and Yoobee! So funny :) I havent laughed that much in a long time! Great nostaligia and extremely amusing for all ages :) ORDER IT!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ain't no pond duck!, 30 Jan. 2004
By A Customer
Ever since I rented some Duckula videos from a video store when I was about 5, I have been addicted to Count Duckula, Nanny and Igor as they get into hilarious adventures. When I was about 7, I went back to the same video store to rent it again, but, unfortunately, they said they had sold it! And boy did I cry(I was only 7!),and have spent quite a few years looking on loads of different sites to purchase it. I finally found this site and was so happy that Amazon had got it in stock, I bought it straight away. From the depts of the hot Egyptian Pyramids, to the freezing waste-lands of the Antarctic, these 6 episodes are truly some of the finest ones of Count Duckula. I have purchased other things from Amazon, but this is probably one of the best! Trust me, if you ain't got a sense of humor, this isn't for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ducktastic, 11 July 2003
Whilst looking for dvd's of cartoons i used to watch as a child i came accross this gem! It's as good now as it ever was. The laughs just came flooding back. The wit, the humour and the knowledge all still with this cartoon. I can't believe they stopped showing it. Now all i've got to do is wait for the producers to make another dvd for me to buy.
For anyone who hasn't seen Count Duckula before it's worthwhile watching it, it's got the same style humour as Dangermouse so if you're a fan of that then you're bound to be a fan of this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Nostalgia, 23 Jun. 2001
By A Customer
Brilliant. I grew up laughing at the antics of Count Duckula, Igor and Nanny and bought the video for nostalgic reasons. Being 22, I now appreciate the subtle quips of Igor and Nanny's misunderstandings. It certainly brought back memories of the coffin transporter with disco lights, the talking vampire cuckoo clock and Dr. Von Goosewing, 'the vampire vanquisher'. I even managed to sing along with the song at the end! 3 great episodes I recommend to any child of the 80s.

5.0 out of 5 stars Naannny!! Ye-es, Duckyboos...?, 19 Mar. 2005
By A Customer
I adored this cartoon when I was little, and still do now. It has a wonderfully dark sense of humour, but not too dark for the kids.
A huge craggy Transylvanian Castle that can teleport anywhere in the world it's master wants it to, a wonderfully dry butler, a dotty chicken of a housemaid, a brainy-yet-brainless vampire hunter, slapstick, wit, the macabre, and to top it all; a vegetarian vampire duck who's scared of his own shadow!
Fantastic! :oD

5.0 out of 5 stars Duckula's back from the undead!, 2 Oct. 2001
By A Customer
I should really be too old for cartoons now but This one's special.A Vegetarian Vampire Duck?! Three very funny episodes featuring other brilliant characters besides the main stars - the Crow brothers, Duckula's Pyromaniac cousin Don Diego, and scheming Statula - and even at twenty they still make me laugh! This cartoon's brilliant for all ages - Re-release MORE Duckula videos please!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Its still funny after watching it hundreds of times., 25 April 2003
By A Customer
This video is great, very funny. I first watched it at the age of seven and i am still watching it again and again. The characters are excellent. Especially Count Duckula.This video is great for all ages. I have seen other Count Duckula videos but this one is my favourite. I would recommend it to anyone!

4.0 out of 5 stars Count Duckula Memories, 30 Sept. 2003
By A Customer
I remember Count Duckula in the US on the Nickelodeon channel when I was a kid, and it and Dangermouse were two of my favorite toons. Unfortunately, these great DVDs aren't available in the US directly (Doh!). Regardless, I may have to order them for delivery to the US .... lucky Brits!