Format: Audio CD|Change

on 7 February 2002
When Classic FM first played Gordon Hunt's Elevazione, and announced that it was set to be in the Top 3 of the Classic FM Hall of Fame for 2002 I was not surprised in the slightest.
This is the only CD to have prompted me to submit a review to Amazon, but if you listen to this CD, sub-titled "the magic of the oboe", you will know why.
Gordon Hunt is an accomplished player and conductor, and a quick look at his oboist.co.uk web site, will show you just how much in demand he is at concerts all over the world. The CD starts with Albinoni's Allegro from the Concerto in D minor for oboe; if you were in a grumpy mood before you pressed PLAY, this will lift your spirits, and the rest of the album will not disappoint either.
The tracks have been carefully chosen, with a well-balanced programme of Albinoni, JS Bach, Marcello, Zipoli and Cimarosa lasting just under an hour.
I first listened to Gordon Hunt's Elevazione on Classic FM over the kitchen radio, whilst cooking, but then bought the CD and listened to it in the car, on the way back from the shop. It was only when I put it on the hi-fi that the real beauty of the recording came to life.
This is a CD for many moods, for relaxation, entertainment, and love.
Top 3 on Classic FM? I bet it gets to No. 1.
on 2 April 2007
The works of Albinoni, Bach and Marcello will be known to many who choose to purchase this disc, but the real gem here is the title track by Zipoli. Currently being given well deserved exposure on Classic FM,this stunningly beautiful track is worth the purchase price alone. If you had a bad day in the office, this is the perfect piece of relaxation music to take you to another dimension. This is serene music at its very best and any lover of The Mission film soundtrack album will appreciate this track.

All the works are expertly played, and this fine disc should be in every music lovers collection, accompanied as they are with an interesting set of notes on the music, and the composers.

I'm certainly going to look further into the music of Zipoli on the evidence of this track, and I'm sure his fan club will grow: it certainly deserves better exposure.
on 13 October 2002
This is my favourite CD at the moment, and my "BEST BUY" of the year. It has a wonderful collection of music to suit many moods. I listen to it in the car, in the kitchen, on the hi-fi or just as background music - it really suits a variety of occasions, and has something for everyone.
If you are buying a new classical CD, I recommend this one - I will definately be buying this as a Christmas present for close friends!
on 14 September 2008
I first heard the title track on Classic FM, when I was driving to work. I'm so glad I took a chance & purchased this album. A little box of delights; Perfect for listening to on a Sunday morning, whilst in the bath ! A sublime collection of music that speaks of the gentle beauty that still exists in the world. A rich weave of oboe, violin, & cello ...
that instils a mellow reflective mood, & love for all living things !
Go out & get your copy today !
on 24 May 2009
A fantastic selection of gentle baroque pieces that will relax and inspire you - one of my favourite cds. I definitely recommend this one.
on 8 February 2010
The selection of music together with his outstanding musicality, makes this my all-time favourite album.
on 5 August 2011
This is the best Classical CD that I have ever bought. No-one plays Oboe like Gordon does. I am being serious when I say that I actually wore the CD out as I played it that much and had to rush out to buy a replacement as I couldn't live without it. Buy this and you will not be sorry you will have it on in the car, at home and even in the bedroom. I can't praise it enough and I have emailed Gordon to thank him for the pleasure that it has brought me over the years.
on 7 April 2014
If you love the oboe then this disc is truly wonderful. Above all it contains - amongst other beautiful pieces of baroque music - a piece composed by Domenico Zipoli, the Adagio in F. Outstanding!
Gordon Hunt's Elevazioni interpretation is sensitive and highly enjoyable to listen to. I am glad I discovered this wonderful disc.
on 16 July 2014
If you love the oboe (or if you haven't quite gotten there yet), this CD is for you! I rarely recommend CDs because music is such a personal thing. But, I recommend this one! It has a good selection of familiar pieces as well as some that aren't as familiar...all beautiful and expertly played.
on 28 March 2013
Very relaxing,especially Elevazione by Zippoli which has been played a lot on Classic FM.The oboe when well played, is,arguably one of the most listenable of classical instruments.