4.0 out of 5 stars A remix-cd with respect for Serge
I can call myself a Gainsbourg fan. But lately, I busied myself with some newer genres of music, such as Lounge, House and Drum&Bass. My two passions come together on this record.
Some remixes are hardly recognizable, others barely differ from the original. But it was all done very respectful to Gainsbourg.
My favorite is Herbert's mix of Bonnie&Clyde;...
Published on 30 Dec 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars ODD SELECTION
As a fan of the late Serge Gainsbourg, I felt it was important to give this album a listen.

Well, the jury is well and truly out. Some of the mixes complement Serge and his vocals, updating older tracks and giving them a new lease of life. Others have me baffled, losing the song completely in the mix.

So, this is one of those albums where I will...
Published 15 months ago by HAYLING BOOK & MUSIC VENUE (HBMV)

4.0 out of 5 stars A remix-cd with respect for Serge, 30 Dec 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: I Love Serge: Electronica Gainsbourg (Audio CD)
My favorite is Herbert's mix of Bonnie&Clyde; fenomenal!!! Other good ones are: Howie B with a floating Melody Nelson, Demon Ritchie with a funky Sea Sex& Sun and Dzihan&Kamien provide us with an barely recognizable Je t'aime...moi non plus. But there is barely a bad track on this CD. The only remix which dissapointed me a bit, was Bob Sinclar. So, if you love Serge, and you like contemporary electronic music, you should really buy this CD!!

3.0 out of 5 stars ODD SELECTION, 26 May 2013
HAYLING BOOK & MUSIC VENUE (HBMV) "Hayling Is... (26 Rails Lane Hayling Island) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

So, this is one of those albums where I will select certain tracks to listen to and skip the others.

Give it a go and make up your own mind - you may disagree with me.

3/5

4.0 out of 5 stars odd, 4 May 2001
By A Customer
Anyone familiar with Gainsbourg's music will readily appreciate how odd is the notion of remixes. Well, you wouldn't be far wrong in assuming it's a very mixed bag, with his most well-known tunes rendered almost unrecognisable, and mostly laidback beats creating a downtempo mood. Buy it if you're adventurous and love old Serge's stuff.

I Love Serge: Electronica Gainsbourg
I Love Serge: Electronica Gainsbourg by Serge Gainsbourg (Audio CD - 2002)