Format: DVD|Change

on 2 August 2011
Groundhog Day demonstrates with great hilarity the major spiritual truths:
That every day is the same, giving you the opportunity to make it better or different.
That the purpose is to improve your responses to recurring situations.
That such improvements can improve the situations, but that how you feel is what primarily gives you happiness, not what occurs.
That you cannot change what occurs until you change yourself.
That you can modify your reality as you become more self-aware.
That you only remember or hold on to the past for the lessons,not for self-recrimination.
It is rare and wonderful to see all this acted out in an extremely entertaining film.
on 27 December 2007
I love this film, especially the thought of putting Bill Murray into a time look until he has to resort to learning the piano and being nice!

A great film, with Bill Murray being his normal hilariously grumpy self, and everyone else around him going about their robotic ways day after day (except that it is the same day). It invites the viewer into a fantasy to ask "what would YOU do if you were stuck in a time loop?", (I would definitely push that annoying insurance salesman into the puddle, lol!) a bit like the hypothetical: "what would you do if you won the lottery?" that always comes up in conversation from time to time.

What an interesting idea - that we're stuck in a temporal loop, until we learn our lessons and learn how to get out. That sounds rather like reincarnation.

Anyway it's a fun entertaining film, with a wicked sense of humour.
on 10 March 2016
I love this film, a real feel good movie that I'll never get tired of watching.
on 11 September 2015
When I played this DVD it was not the film but just the Feature disk with add's
on 29 June 2015
Yes, well, this is a classic. If you havent seen it, what are you waiting for?!
on 24 July 2015
Quite good - good entertainment but wouldn't bother to watch it a second time
VINE VOICEon 4 June 2009
I know anyone reading this will probably feel like they've read it before.. Ok, enough deja vu joking, 60 other people beat me to it. My favorite was the one who hadn't seen the joke..'it is not a film I would want to watch more than twice, having seen it on television once already, 10 years ago'..hope you don't mind me saying, but don't you preview this stuff before you post it?
Anyhow, the film is a genuine five star one, whether you've seen it before or not, the storyline, the acting, even the 'moral of the tale', and best of all (for me), the jazz version of Rachmaninov!
PS. How did they get that groundhog to drive a pick-up, and come to think of it, I never saw a 'no animals were hurt'..disclaimer either!
on 2 February 2016
I love this movie, I watch it every Groundhog Day and it still has magic :)
on 25 February 2015
all as expected 5 stars flawless .... recommend I have every confidence
on 23 March 2016
Seen this so many times but still laugh at the same bits,, great film.