5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says - and easy to install, 6 April 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Yamaha 20x10x40 CD-RW Drive (Electronics)
Delivered within 2 days, installed in about an hour. I have no experience in opening up PCs and messing around inside but I had no problems following the instructions and installing this alongside the existing CD-ROM drive. I had a zip drive which I had to disconnect to get the IDE cable to stretch - but I don't think I will be needing that anymore.
There was no software to install for the drive itself, it was up and running as soon as I made the simple changes in the control panel according to the instructions.
The Nero software was easy to install, although once installed the user interface is somewhat cryptic and the user documentation is limited to 4 sides of A4. However, I had no problems creating a CD-RW to backup my photographs, creating a couple of Miles Davies CDs from emusic.com, and a copying a CD direct from my exixting drive to the new one. The copy took about 8 minutes for a 63 minute CD - presumably constrained by the read speed on the CD-ROM.
In summary, easy to buy, easy to install, easy to use and does the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does The Job, 9 Jan 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Yamaha 20x10x40 CD-RW Drive (Electronics)
I've had this about 3 weeks. I was a bit worried about putting in in my pc but it all went pretty well (phew!) I've used it to copy cd albums and make my own albums from mp3's I've downloaded. So far all is going well. I've never had a writer before so I haven't really got anything to compare it against, but it does the job very well.

Yamaha 20x10x40 CD-RW Drive