5.0 out of 5 stars easy to use even with poor grip and MS
I have Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and poor grip.

My daughter 'borrowed' our original Vacu Vin so we bought a replacement.

Published on 12 July 2010 by Paul Stewart

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't work
been buying and using vacuum pumps for years. this one doesn't work--seems to be defective--won't extract oxygen, no clicking sound....
Published 16 months ago by I. I. Rashid

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to use even with poor grip and MS, 12 July 2010
I have Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and poor grip.

My daughter 'borrowed' our original Vacu Vin so we bought a replacement.

This new model is even easier to use than the original. Just pull the handle a few times until it clicks and the bottle is sealed. In theory, its now good for some time although we never keep a part opened bottle for long. Red wine is good for MS, that's my excuse :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent upgrade, 29 Sept. 2011
I have had the older model of this Vacuvin product for many years. Somehow the stoppers had nearly all stolen away somewhere and needed replacing. But instead of buying new stoppers for the old pump (don't do that) I bought a new pump set. I'm delighted to say that the newer version works a charm. You now hear a clear 'clink' when the pump has created a sufficient vacuum for the bottle. Before you had to guess whether or not the pump had performed its task. If you're looking for replacement stoppers for the old model, don't bother. Just upgrade.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful little clicks!, 29 May 2011
A. Miller (London) - See all my reviews
This "Concerto" pump is slightly more expensive than the other pump, but you get what you pay for: it comes with 4 stoppers, plus - and this is what I like best about it - a very clever clicking sound when you have pumped out all the air you need to, so you know when to stop. Especially helpful when pumping food storage containers. Also, the smooth (and attractive) design of the pump is easier on your hand than the original design. Well worth the extra £2-£3 ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the home winemaker, 2 Nov. 2010
This is a very effective bottle stopper, so familiar it hardly needs endorsement for its everyday use. But as a home winemaker I really value this gadget. By creating a partial vacuum it allows excess CO2 in suspension to bubble out of the wine, making a big difference to the taste of a wine you've not managed to de-gas fully at the stabilisation stage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Dec. 2011
L. J. Taylor (UK) - See all my reviews
If you enjoy good wine and don't want to drink in one go then invest in one of these. Easy to operate and they really do work as they they retain most of, if not all, the fruit flavours....don't forget the constituents of wine changes once opened anyway - pumped or not.
I have had the old style vacuvin for 12 years and it still works...this one is a present. In my opinion this is an improved model because clicks to indicate when to stop pumping the old style doesn't. Not much else to say really and nothing to criticize....so buy with confidence.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and practical, 14 Jan. 2010
Hilary (WORCESTER, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Looks good enough to have on display - unlike the original. Very effective and keeps wine really well.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best in its class, 28 Dec. 2011
The best of its kind in this class.Its a simple gadget but it does it's job very we'll.Would recommend this product.it has a clicking feature which tells you that you have reached maximum vacuum,this is helpful

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 2 Jun. 2013
The reviews were all very positive, so I decided to buy - was unsure on how many days this would be effective for, so I tested this over several weeks with bottles of red ( and yes and enjoyed the wine as part of the testing) . I have used openned bottles upto a week after they were uncorked and then sealed again with Vacuvin & the wine was fine. Great product, absilutely delighted that I decided to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mix & Match!, 22 Feb. 2014
The perfect way to mix and match your wines during the week. With this great little gadget you can safely enjoy a glass or more of a different wine each day without fear of your favorite tipple degrading before you can finish the bottle! Whether you have reduced the level by one, two or three or more glasses you can easily preserve the remainder by inserting one of the special stoppers provided, placing the pump on top and operating the plunger (vigorously or otherwise - depending on how much daily exercise you need!) until the pump emits a series of clicks. This indicates that you have achieved the requisite vacuum and can leave the bottle until next required. How long the wine will keep once opened and resealed I cannot say, but I have certainly found that having two or three bottles started and then vacuum resealed works well for me. It is particularly beneficial for those who wish to open a selection of red or white wines for a dinner party and want to save any unused surplus for consumption over the next few days!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars For when you cant drink the bottle in one go, 27 Mar. 2013
My old wine saver finally gave up the ghost after many years of service when O ring inside perished. This is identical so knew I would be happy. The grip fits well in palm, I dont think the alternative detonator style plunger that is available would be so well ergonomically shaped to pump comfortably. The saver removes majority of air from the partly poured wine bottle, to prevent oxidation on storage. Upon pulling the stopper out you always get a reassuring whoosh as the vacuum is released. I would have given it 5 stars except it arrived with packed 2 stoppers instead of 4 as advertised.