Format: Audio CD|Change

on 8 August 2002
What a pleaser.
I love this album, mind you i love All their albums.
I'm not sure if you've noticed (this ISN'T criticism) the formula
First track: Slower, but mind-blowing
Second trak: Faster/Facefiller, cool hit to it
Third track: Intelligent/Facefiller, Hard NOT to put it on repeat
Fourth trak: Cool, very cool
Fifth track: Active/Jumpy, contains a bit that ensures you lose your mind, if you ahven't already done so
Sixth track: Different.
Seventh one: Different again/Chilled
Eighth trak: Restores your psychotic want for more
Ninth track: Slightly chilled/Very Mellow
Tenth track: Chilled-out feel to it, but keeps you with them
(Where Applicable)
Eleventh: Unpredictable
Cool. But it's the realisation that strengthens my need for more, (and waiting for them to prove me wrong)
Anyway, All the trax on this are Great. "Pioneer skies", is a bit depressin', but acceptable.. i still love the album.
As for "The Test"... When i first heard it, It was on the full length video; I found that both-together were spiritually enhancing. The song on its own, though, is also uplifting.
"Hoops", is a great favourite of mine. I first thought "Star Guitar was depressing, too... but then i listened to it whilst walking to skool, sun shining, and realised what an amazing track it really is.. not depressing at all.
"It Began in Afrika", is a Spine-breaking Tune. SO damn Catchy, and so great.
When I heard "Galaxy Bounce" on Tomb Raider, It didn't do it justice. It demoralised the best bit of it by not playing the bits before it. "Come With Us", stomping tune. Great when performed live. "My Elastic Eye", sounds a bit like 'The Avalaches', But it grows on ya, and you soon find yourself bodypopping to it.
"The State We're In", is totally mashed off it's Nut.
but "Denmark", is an amazing House Tune, one of the best one's on the album.
And that's where i end, Check out all the stuff by the Brothers. Thanks for caring enough about what i think to read it this far.. Safe. L8rz
Bye
PS. Yes, that IS "It Began In Afrika" in the beginning bit of the video for "The Test"
on 23 October 2008
The title track is pretty sound, however the others just all lack that special chemical beat. Don't buy it for over £2 because it really isn't worth that.
VINE VOICEon 9 February 2002
The Chemical brothers really were vital, in my opinion, when they released Exit Planet Dust. They were using the latest electronic sounds, the biggest beats, and that album still sounds fresh today. Come With Us is so disappointing it hurts. It has no depth, no full-on electronica, very little emotion, not a great deal of creative talent. All in all not very good - or at least not as good as we know the Chems CAN be. The chances are that you are going to buy this album anyway, but I would suggest you listen to a friends copy first and DON'T BUY THE HYPE.
If you want decent electronica, with depth and melodies to put this album to shame, then check out the latest effort by Utah Saints entitled Two. Its everything this album should have been.
on 7 October 2013
This is one of the better albums of the c brothers I play it full to and fro from work really clever composition
on 21 February 2016
This is something else! The track Star Guitar is absolutely brilliant, but so is the rest of the album!
on 25 February 2002
The Chems have always been at the forefront of what's happening and hip in clubland and "Come With Us" is no exception.
There have been critics of this album lamenting the less than immediate feel of some of the tracks. Yes, the big beats of the past may have been mellowed (but are still in existence on the 3 opening tracks) but the Chems have added more depth, emotion and, dare I say it, maturity to thier approach. Yes, this is the sound of the Chem's growing up and realising they're no longer the new kids on the block. As a result it's an album that improves with repeated play and is equally at home on the dancefloor or in the living room.
Standout tracks are the recent single "Star Guitar", "Hoops", "My Elastic Eye", "The State We're In" (reminicsent of the blissed out tracks on Primal Scream's classic "Screamadelica") and "Pioneer Skies".
I have to differ with others and say the only weak track is the Richard Ashcroft sung "The Test", which is too overblown in a way only Mr Ashcroft can be.
Personally, I think this is the Chem's best album too date...but maybe that's because, like them, I'm getting a bit older too?!
on 8 February 2002
Finally this year, I 've found an album that is optimistic ! Last week I brought it to a party and believe me : people were completely mad about songs such as "come with us", "it began in afrika", "galaxy bounce" and "denmark" ! This is for most part a dance club album. The chill out songs with richard ashcroft and beth orton are simply gorgeous. It is quite different from "exit planet dust" or "dig your own hole" which had a more "urban" sound, but we can easily guess that the brothers worked harder on this new album. I can't wait to see them on scene... That will be like the cover : red hot !!!
on 30 January 2002
WOW! This album blew me away! I didn't think that it could top SURRENDER [in my opinion, the best Chemical Brothers album to date] when I went and bought it. How wrong I was. This album is insane - it's just so good! It's just one huge freaking sonic hip-hop dance party. It flat-out rocks. "Come With Us," the mindblowing opener, complete with strings and dance grooves ... and then there's "Star Guitar," a breezy, light jam unlike anything I've heard in a while ... and then there's "The State We're In," a fractured, trip-hopping Beth Orton groove-machine ... and finally closes with "The Test." Now, I might be wrong, but in my panicked frenzy of first-day ownership, I think it's the best Chemical Brothers song EVER. It, like the rest of the album, winds on and on in a swirl of drums and electro-beats and the voice that is Richard Ashcroft. I'm serious, just go buy this album, please. You won't regret it. I'm not kidding - these 10 magnificient tracks provide zero filler, and all killer (heh heh heh).
on 20 February 2002
I think all of the other Chemical Brothers albums are excellent, but I was pretty dissapointed by this. It starts well - the first track is great - but then it becomes a little..... well, predictable really. And that isn't something you'd have associated with them. The last track is good as well though, and the others are ok, so it's not as if it's a disaster or anything. It's just a bit of a let down after their other stuff.
on 19 December 2015
The poor sound quality on this album turned me off.