5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful collection but ......
I was delighted with this album. There are many wonderful recordings here, including the two beautiful Originals' tracks "Baby I'm for real" and "Bells", Bobby Taylor's "Does your mama know?" and my all time favourite "Heaven must have sent you" by the Elgins.
Published on 11 Jun 2004 by Jonathan Edgington

1.0 out of 5 stars Good variety & value for money
Ideal for a novice to get to know a lot of well played tracks. Like handy size many tracks for holiday listening.
Published 14 months ago by kath

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful collection but ......, 11 Jun 2004
Jonathan Edgington (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Big Hits & Hard To Find Classics Triple Set (Audio CD)
There were however about half a dozen tracks on the album which grated a bit with me and didn't really seem to belong with the others - for example Charlene's "I've never been to me" and the (in my view) rather bizarre Tom Clay version of "What the world needs now is love/Abraham Martin and John". Nevertheless a good alround effort by the person who put this compilation together and marvellous value.

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'must have' addition to any Motown collection, 22 Jan 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Big Hits & Hard To Find Classics Triple Set (Audio CD)
This 3-CD collection is incredible value for money and spans a wide range from the Tamla Motown back-catalogue.
Every CD has something to offer from well known 'classic' artists like the Isley Brothers to mini-collections from such stars as The Elgins and Brenda Holloway. There's a wide range of pace and genre - from the slow 'getting it on' tracks to pacier dance tunes that will have you whistling all day. And I defy anyone to stop themselves from singing along to the better known hits.
Whether you just want to reacquaint yourself with a golden era of American music, or you're looking to learn a little more about Motown - this CD collection has it all - and now has pride-of-place in CD rack

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven Must Have Sent You!, 18 Oct 2009
This review is from: Big Hits & Hard To Find Classics Triple Set (Audio CD)
60 tracks, that's sixty songs across 3 discs from early Motown. I am really enjoying these discs. There is so much variety. Many of these tracks were stateside hits in their own right but I bought them on LPs in sales. Groups like the Elgins, Velvelettes, Detroit Spinners and the Contours are included here with tracks we all know. I am sure that there are tracks taht werent released in the UK too.

There are originals of songs like Money and Do You Love Me. There are great songs by the Ruffins and the Isley Brothers There's odd stuff too like he Tom Clay track which sensibly is at the end of CD 2.

This is not just a nostalgia experience, it's both a good introduction to the sound of Motown and a development beyond the Hitsville expereince.

"Heaven must have sent you" is a good description of this collection. The price is superb value too.

5.0 out of 5 stars old motown at its best!, 5 Nov 2003
This review is from: Big Hits & Hard To Find Classics Triple Set (Audio CD)
yet another superb old motown c.d. some tracks were new to me, but still as good as the ones i remember, took me back to my teens and wigan casino and the central in leeds. excellant!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Far too much choice?, 3 Nov 2012
This review is from: Big Hits & Hard To Find Classics Triple Set (Audio CD)
There are so many Motown box sets available, it must be difficult to know where to start. For people new to classic Motown (are there any?), I'd suggest this plus Spectrum's excellent True Motown. This gives you six CDs for 12.50, combining the "greats" plus some more obscure tracks. This is arguably a better option than Total Motown - 5 CDs at 10 quid.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 16 May 2010
This review is from: Big Hits & Hard To Find Classics Triple Set (Audio CD)
Many great hard to find tracks from the early motown era in great price. It could have some more liner notes and a better packaging, but certainly deserves its money.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 7 July 2013
This review is from: Big Hits & Hard To Find Classics Triple Set (Audio CD)
great album came early in good condition( zoversocks never fails) great tracks a few old favs but a few i did not own recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Dancing days, 15 Mar 2013
This review is from: Big Hits & Hard To Find Classics Triple Set (Audio CD)
All of these songs bring back memories of when I used to go out clubbing, never off the dance floor, happily singing along so the tunes ring around my house with me singing along and my children laughing as I try to show them how we danced to these songs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories Revisited, 9 Sep 2012
This review is from: Big Hits & Hard To Find Classics Triple Set (Audio CD)
May I say how happy I am with my purchase ,lots of good times come flooding back.Will be looking for more of the same in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tamala Motown Big Hits & Hard To Find Classics Triple Set, 25 July 2012
This review is from: Big Hits & Hard To Find Classics Triple Set (Audio CD)
This is an cracking set of disks and at this price, excellent value for money. Took me back to my teenage years, with some very memorable sounds and some I only heard for the very first time. Highly recommended if you like soul music.

Big Hits & Hard To Find Classics Triple Set
Big Hits & Hard To Find Classics Triple Set by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2001)