Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 December 2011
Salif Keita is my absolute favorite "world music" artist. The soul he puts in to his songs are emotional and how he expresses his feelings through his music should be inspirational to other artists.
John Martyn, Adele and Amy Winehouse are other artists that I right now can think of who puts as much feeling to their music as Salif Keita does.

This album is a great collection to introduce yourself to his music.
Buy one now.
on 24 April 2016
wondrous
on 17 January 2006
I come from southern african region, so I do not understand much of the vocal in this album, however "the voice", u can never go wrong with this one. also try the "mansa of mali - retrospective"
on 22 October 2008
I've loved salif since the first explosion of african music to these shores in the early eighties, when soro came out, and many years later I got paid to stand in the pit and watch him do his stuff in concert.I so wanted to shake his hand and say thank you, and I could have as well, and regret it now, so hear you have it, one of africa's finest, a beautiful dude and I must dust it down and slop it on my cd walkman; Also it is well worth buying his other top cd's as well..quel chill out maitre!