Format: Audio CD|Change

This collection contains the pop-disco group Boney M's greatest hits from their heyday in the late 1970's and early 1980's. The styles include hardcore disco (Daddy Cool, Sunny) and bouncy reggae like Rivers of Babylon (a remake of a Melodians hit) and Brown Girl In The Ring. As a 2-sided seven single, this was one of the biggest hits in the UK in 1978 and stayed on the charts for ages. More buoyant reggae can be found on Hooray Hooray, No Woman No Cry and their lovely Christmas song Mary's Boy Child. There's also pure pop like Rasputin, Painter Man and El Lute. Besides the aforementioned songs, other great numbers include of course the brilliant Ma Baker (which tells the story of Chicago gangster Ma Barker) and the deceptively airy Belfast which commented upon the troubles in Ulster. (Disco music wasn't meant to be serious). The Daddy Cool Remix 2001 updates the beat to the new century and the Mega Mix is ideal to get a party going. This is really superb pop music, all the songs have aged well and it's good to hear dance music with personality again. A great collection, well worth the price.
on 31 March 2011
I asked my neighbour what he wanted for his birthday and he said 'anything by Boney M' so i picked this.
He is totally delighted with it and hasnt stopped thanking me for nearly a week now.
I can only share with you what he has said as i havent heard it myself but according to him, its awesome!
on 14 February 2013
This CD brought back a lot of memories for me all good ones didn't think I would be able to find one anywhere so thrilled that I could buy one I mainly sing along to all the songs in my car as I travel around !!
on 6 May 2013
I just love this and forgot how really good Boney M were. In fact their music never dates and some of it was ahead of its time and still fits in yet. Gives you that feel-good factor. Excellent!
on 6 February 2011
If you like Boney M your love this CD. All your favourite hits to take you back to the 70's
on 19 April 2012
Definately a great purchase despite all the cheeseyness of 70s disco you cant help singing along. my 10 year old daughter now knows all the songs so great for listening in the car.I even love all the deep voiced vocals knowing that they were not done by a dancing fool rather by a fat middle aged german sat in a studio somewhere in Munchen. Finally can anyone tell me how a band like boney m ever came to record a song about the troubles in Belfast...No neither can i.Buy and be glad you did.Recommended
on 21 January 2013
My 8 year old has been dancing around to BoneyM since she was 3 and knows most of the songs. She has been missing it though since her Grandmother took back the DVD! Now she has it on her mp3 player and is a happy little girl!
on 8 December 2012
Love this CD, but 2 of the songs cut off early on the downloaded version. One is Rasputin and the other is El Lute. Anyone else have this happen?
on 6 August 2014
really REALLY good album still listening to it, even as i write this. everyone should own this album. Go and buy it now people!!.
on 20 March 2016
If you like Boney M you will like this CD, it is digitally enhanced so sound quality is first class, a must for Boney M fans