Format: VHS Tape|Change
Price:£7.44+ £2.80 shipping

Showing 1-10 of 84 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on 24 March 2005
I love Rosemary Conley video's which is why I chose this one. All the familiar moves are there, plus a few new ones. It does seem a BIT more of a tougher workout compared to the other Rosemary ones I've done, but I don't think I'd recommend it to people who are used to exercising - I haven't exercised in about 18 months and still managed to do the DVD without any problems!
The music is spot on as usual - good fun pop to get you motivated.
On the whole, good for getting your heart rate going, but I'm going to look for another DVD to make me feel like I've done a workout.
on 25 August 2004
I'm sorry but I don't know what planet people are from that call this one too easy to do. I have been working out regularly, so I am a very fit 25 year old woman. This one made me really knackered. If you really go for it at the highest level (I agree that the lower levels will not make you break a sweat) you will feel the burn and see result. I really like Rosemary Connely and own most of her vids and this is one is one of her best. No fakeness and no cheasy encouragement. Just good old aerobics and toning with real women who have used this vid and lost loads of weight and become really fit. They look fab
on 7 May 2005
Very useful for someone who is unfit, elderly or pregnant. These are less strenous workouts than the usual fitness video. I prefer the toning section and it has certainly toned my body. I would not recommend it for the superfit though who are looking to push their bodies to the limits. I have used this video at least 20 times so far. Far more than I have used any other fitness video. Because I am young I want to push myself a bit further, so now I am fit from using this video, I think it is time to move onto the next fitness level with a more strenous workout. I'll keep this in my bottom drawer in case I lose my fitness again.
on 30 December 2005
I bought this DVD to shape up after the christmas holidays. I have only tried it once but i thought it was great. It is easy to follow and there are about 4 women with Rosemary so you can follow the one doing the workout at your preferred level, i.e beginner orexpert level the women with her are normal people who have lost weight and toned up with the help of Rosemary and i found it a help to see how they've been able to achieve it and how much weight they have lost compared to a workout where there are lots of skinny dancers who just do it for the fun of it and to make money.
the routines are quite easy to follow but sometimes i lost my co-ordination and couldn't keep up with what they were doing, although i was following the slowest one!, but its easy to get back into the rhythm of it and you can always re-do some of the exercises you've already done until you get the co-ordination to carry on.
the stretching and toning is good but again there is the co-ordination factor and at one point you are told to place your face downwards but you also need to look at the tv which is hard and she does mention it but i suppose once you've done it a few times you won't need to look at the tv anymore.
there is also a section for those who have limited accessibility, i haven't done this workout but if its like the rest of the dvd i would think that its also great.
Overall the DVD is good and easy to follow the only thing is that the music might get annoying if you did this regularly but other than that its fab!
on 29 October 2003
I do enjoy this dvd, though I think that people who are already moderately fit will not find it a challange. I can jog about 5 minutes at a go to give you an idea of my fitness level and I found this workout too easy.
For able-bodied people - there are two sections - an aerobics workout and a toning session. For the aerobics, you can follow one of 4 people who are doing the workout at different levels. I found that from the start - I had to follow the person at the advanced level and I do not consider myself very fit at all! The workout is enjoyable and easy to do, the music is good but if you are already somewhat fit - you most definitely won't be out of breath by the end of it.
The toning section does have some very good exercises which really target important areas. However, I feel that the number of repetitions of each exercise is completely inadequate to do any good. Maybe you could take those particular exercises and do them in your own time with a lot more repititions. Conley says at times during the workout things such as "now you can really feel the pull on such and such" and I'm thinking that I can't feel any pull whatsoever as it's only been 4 repetitions!
There are chair exercises for people with disabilities but I have not looked at that section so I can't comment on it.
Despite all this, I think that the dvd is well laid out, the exercises are good, and Conley is a good teacher with a good attitude. If you are already fit, the dvd will keep you from becoming stagnant and will keep you moving. However, if after your aerobics you like to be sweaty and puffed out, and after your toning you like to feel sore and burning - then this is definiely not for you.
on 2 November 2010
I am very unfit and hate exercise. Surprisingly I did not collapse when following this dvd and it's not too boring. If I can do it anyone can. Not sure how I would feel if I were fitter, maybe I would outgrow it.
on 26 February 2012
I think this is brilliant. I'm in my mid 50's and after looking a lots of the workout dvd's I decided to go for this one and I'm glad I did as you can progress in your own time. I really enjoy doing the workout, it only took a couple of veiwings to get into the 'swing' of the excercises. Rosemary shows the varous workout steps before she starts, which makes it easier to follow when you first put it on, and before you know it after a couple of weeks your doing the whole of the DVD - I'm now doing the workout 4/5 times weekly and feel alot better for it.
on 16 April 2013
I've not done any exercise in years, so I thought this Rosemary Conley DVD would be a easy introduction to my new fitness regime.
the DVD is for all level of fitness and had me working up a little sweat. There's a section aimed at people who can't stand for long
periods, these exercises can be done sitting down. Obviously very fit people will probably find this dvd not suitable for them, but
as I'm a beginner its a great starter fitness dvd for me.
on 19 March 2014
Needed a DVD which would ease one into keeping fit and active. It has a half hour session to workout along to some 90s tracks which bring back memories! It's easy to follow, I find myself at work doing certain moves. It does have a second part of toning (which I haven't attempted yet) and also armchair exercise too. For those looking for full on exercise this won't be you but those who are starting out it would be fine.
on 21 April 2014
I'm a bit late doing this review! I bought this DVD years ago, however it's one I won't throw out, as it works.
I think if your starting out, then you will find this challenging to start with, but it's not long before your fitness improves, and your body shapes up.
This isn't a miracle DVD - you do have to put the work in, but if you do it regularly, and eat a balanced diet, your body will thank you for it.