5.0 out of 5 stars A real motivator!
Published on 23 Sep 2004 by ratomemma

3.0 out of 5 stars Good For Beginners Only
I am a fan of Rosemary Conley and own several of her DVDs, but much as I hate to say it, I was disappointed with this one. The aerobic section was billed as 35 minutes, but once you have warmed up and completed a rather longer cool down than Conley usually offers, you are only doing about 20 minutes of aerobic exercise.
The moves will be familier to anyone who has...
Published on 16 Jun 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars A real motivator!, 23 Sep 2004
I have been out of home fitness for some time whilst having children. Having had 3 children, I need to get back into it again and seriously lose weight. I have done the R C diet and exercise before so decided upon this exercise program to give me a boost start. It has certainly done that. The exercise is done by ordinary people to good "boppy" music, and is good fun. After only a week following the program, I have lost 5lb and feel far fitter, happier and more enthusiastic about everything. Before I got the DVD, I worried that Rosemary worked at a low level and that, as I got back into exercise, I would tire of it. However, the women who exercise with her work at different levels and some take it to a much higher level, showing that the exercises can become more exciting as your fitness levels increase.
I used to make the excuse that I didn't have time to exercise. Now I make the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 Sep 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Rosemary Conley: Ultimate Whole Body Workout [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I love this video, its been my definite favourite for quite a while and I'm not geting bored doing it again and again. I was really quite fit a while back, and for various reasons, it all went downhill. So when I started this video I was really at the lowest level and struggling with that. Now I'm at the higher end of the intermediate level, and only consideration for my neighbours is holding me back from the higher level!!
The thing about Rosemary's videos is that you can do them at several different levels, and change level during the workout, there are always different levels being shown.
I think that there are people for whom this is not going to be enough, aerobically, but I enjoy doing it, and don't want to make a religion out of exercise, but what I do feels really good. I've lost plenty of weight and feel really good and energised when I do this tape. I look for times to do it, because I enjoy it. The moves are straightforward; I have real problems with dance or complicated routines. It builds up and down in a flowing way. I can't recommend it too highly, obviously not everyone will agree, but I am happy to get up at 6:00 am to do it before the family descends, and I feel great afterwards and energised.
I haven't done the toning exercises more than once or twice, as I do pilates instead, so I can't comment so much on them, but I think that they complement the aerobic section and are definately worth doing.
The video (aerobic section) lasts for 30 mins and consists of a warm up, stretches and a slow aerobic track followed by three more progressively active tracks, a cooling down track and then stretches. I really like the music, which includes tracks by Steps, Boyzone and The Mavericks, and cannot fault it overall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exercise for those who don't like to exercise, 14 Oct 2003
Betty Haniotaki (Athens, Greece) - See all my reviews
When I started a serious effort to lose weight and get more fit, I tried walking as exercise, but found it entirely too easy to avoid doing it. Either it was too cold, or dark, or windy, or raining or snowing: any excuse would do. I then bought several exercise video tapes - this one was the one that suited me best. I followed it as suggested - alternating the aerobic section with the conditioning section - for 5 days a week, and then walking on weekends. The music is catchy, the patter is informative without being irritating, and best of all, the team members are real people who have lost weight and shaped up. The exercises are within most people's capability but challenging enough because of the different levels. I was able to continue with this tape for 6 months without being bored, although I am the original couch potato. I recommend it highly, especially to those who don't really enjoy working out.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good fun workout, 24 Mar 2005
By A Customer
I love Rosemary Conley video's which is why I chose this one. All the familiar moves are there, plus a few new ones. It does seem a BIT more of a tougher workout compared to the other Rosemary ones I've done, but I don't think I'd recommend it to people who are used to exercising - I haven't exercised in about 18 months and still managed to do the DVD without any problems!
The music is spot on as usual - good fun pop to get you motivated.
On the whole, good for getting your heart rate going, but I'm going to look for another DVD to make me feel like I've done a workout.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and it really works, 30 Jan 2002
By A Customer
I have been overweight for years and my job makes it difficult to exercise regularly or go to the gym. I started with Rosemary Conley Fat Attack last year as a way of getting into exercise and being able to ensure I do a fitness routine in between going to the gym. Very quickly I noticed how much I had toned up and how quickly I moved onto the more advanced exercises.
This video is as easy to follow as Fat Attack, you dont seem to need as much space in your living room and although it is quite similar to her other videos it is varied enough to give a challenge. There is plenty of instruction which is easy to follow, they focus on the people doing the exercise so you don't lose your way and as always you can follow an easier routine or a more challenging one. And it really works. I dieted by eating healthly for years but it was not until I started exercise that I really saw the weight come off. I have loads of videos but I always do Rosemary Conley.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good For Beginners Only, 16 Jun 2004
By A Customer
The moves will be familier to anyone who has ever done one of her workouts - hopscotches, half jacks, box steps etc. I just didn't find them much of a challenge this time. I barely broke a sweat even while working at the highest level. The toning section was OK, but at 20 minutes was not really long enough to deliver the full body conditioning that is promised.
The main problem, I think, is that this video is really aimed at beginners. Anyone who exercises regularly - as i do - needs something more intensive. Try combining the workouts in Conley's 5 day fat burner or give one of the Nell McAndrew DVDs a go.
Having said this, if you are new to exercise, I think you would get a lot out of this DVD. Both the aerobic and toning workouts are quite gentle, which means you will not be exhausted and disheartened by the end. And both are set to dancy pop tunes that make you want to bounce around.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only thing that's ever worked for me!, 15 Feb 2004
R. WEST-SOLEY "Rich West-Soley" (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I bought this video back in early 2002, and I've used it successfully to lose weight and maintain a good standard of fitness with minimum ease. As I tell colleagues, I swear by it as a solution to being overweight and unfit!
The music is great, Rosemary's comments inspiring, and her helpers are good role models. She goes through each of them, outlining how much they've lost, and this is motivating in itself.
All in all, highly recommended. Not too difficult, but that's what makes it easy to stick to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars simple begginings, 1 Feb 2004
I am unfit and disabled. But I draw encouragement for the simple tachniques explained.The DVD is well explained: an introduction with practising of moves that come in the aerobics section, 3 sections follow: an aerobics, which is quite good for unfit people who can stand, upbeat music and Rosemary takes you through the exercises, classifying them for beginners, intermediate and more advanced. Second section is a toning sequence, focussing on important areas of the body. Thirdly, and that's for me who is 55 and unfit (!) the chair work-out. 15 minutes on a chair moving legs (optional) bum and arms in rhythm with a good upbeat music. I have asthma and I thought I would be puffed out, but no the exercises are gentle enough for an asthmatic. They are good enough to get fit. It is also recommended for pregant women; indeed there is a six-months pregnant woman doing the moves with a big encouraging smile.
I find this a good morning warm-up for somebody like me who is not fit. Rosemary Conley is a christian and comes through as a warm personality. The environment is a lovely little hall with yellow wooden walls a lovely floor board with windows showing a garden and some green. The whole thing is warm hearted and you will derive great fun for doing this. Highly recommended. Full five star for the DVD, that can show only the sequence you are interested in. Lovely, buy it, do it, follow it with gusto and you'll get somewhere with pleasure, even if you are unfit or disabled. Very good price for a very good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and Fun for Beginners, 21 Feb 2007
G. Steele (Britain) - See all my reviews
This is absolutely the best video for people who aren't used to excercising or need low impact aerobics. The aerobics section is only 30 minutes long, including a warm up and a cool down, and has a timer at the bottom so you're not constantly wondering how long you have left. The entire routine is done standing up, with minimal jumping so very easy on the knees. Rosemary is very clear with the instructions and the moves are very easy to follow so you're guaranteed to do the moves correctly and efficiently. There is also a toning section which is only 20 minutes long (with warm up and cool down) and targets all areas of the body, arms, abs and thighs. I started doing this video when I was at my heaviest, 14 stone 7, and was very unfit; it was tough going at first, but not so much that put me off. I stuck to it (I did it in a small area so you don't need a lot of room) and now weigh 10 stone. It is now a bit easy for me, but I still do it on occasion as I do find it fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Jan 2003
O. Doyle "celticshedevil" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This is one of the first fitness videos I've bought but certainly one of the most enjoyable. The time just flys by and I've done my aerobic exercises before I know it. By the end of it I've worked up quite a sweat too which proves I've been working hard.
I like the fact that there are 'real women' working at different fitness levels so that I can up the pace if I'm finding it too easy but I can drop the pace if I'm finding it too tough. Rosemary is great at explaining the exercises and really gives you encouragement.
Through her diet and fitness videos I've already lost 12lbs and I don't even feel like I'm on diet. It's a brilliant video and definitely gives results. Buy it!

Rosemary Conley: Ultimate Whole Body Workout [VHS]
Rosemary Conley: Ultimate Whole Body Workout [VHS] by Rosemary Conley (VHS Tape - 2003)
7.82