Format: Video Game|Change

on 15 March 2002
First off - the graphics are amazing, the animations smooth and frame rate sky high !
But there is nothing hugely new here, it is really just Dead or Alive 2 with a revamped graphic engine.
But it still is great fun to pick up and play but I am not too sure how long the appeal will last.
on 27 April 2002
DOA III is a great game for people who love fightin' games. The characters again have a lot of secret costumes to unlock and the levels are big and look great!!

I realy had & still have fun playin'it and it's realy a must buy for all fighting game lovers!!
on 14 March 2002
I thought DOA2 was good on the PS2 but this completly blows it away. Superb graphics and sounds and the best locals i have seen in a fighting game.
If you love fighting games then this is the puppy to get - maybe just maybe the xbox might be worth having after all
on 30 March 2003
this is the same as the normal version but now on the classics label its only £15 instead of £35.......best fighter on xbox until soul calibur 2 comes out.
on 15 March 2002
Dead or Alive III looks absolutely amazing. I don't care what anybody says, it is the best looking fighting game of all time, largely thanks to the sheer power of the X-Box.
But underneath the astonishing visuals lies a game that seems strangely familiar.
The gameplay is reminiscent of those old 2D fighting games, and at first you can get quite far by just hitting buttons.
Nothing much changes really even when you get better at the game - although having said this, the sheer amount of techniques exhibited by the player characters, and the interaction with the scenery do make up for this a lot.
Some of the animation on the characters is breathtaking - the Jeet Kune Do fighter, for example, could have been lifted straight out of the Bruce Lee classic movie "The Way of the Dragon".
Yes, I do like the game immensely but I also must take into consideration some of the gameplay elements that have stopped me giving this game a perfect 5.
on 15 March 2002
This game looks absolutely gorgeous from the moment the intro starts to play, There are a number of characters available with different fighting styles and for once ona fighting genre - realistic moves
The "arenas" and fighting backdrops all look great, and there is still that pleasant, somewhat twisted feeling of pleasure when you smash your opponent through a sheet of glass through a neon sign to the pavement, or over the edge of a waterfall.
There are various modes of gameplay including Tag Battle and the game keeps a running performance based ranking system for both tag teams and singles combat with a win/loss ratio and percentage - a nice touch.
Although the characters all look great, I possibly would have preferred a few more on the game.
The game looks gorgeous to the eye and has long lasting playability as you can simply invite your mates over for a night of fighting.
The game is definitely worth buying, however not perfect so only 4 stars.
I urge you if you read this to seriously consider adding this game to your portfolio of X-Box games.
on 7 July 2016
Product received before estimated date and works perfectly, many thanks
on 15 August 2005
People calling this game shallow, flashy, or "a game for quick cheap thrills" are wrong. I apologise for my bluntness, but it is obvious to me that they have not put in the time nor the effort to get to know this game. My friends and I play this game a lot, together we probaly own around 100 games (all top notch of course ;-) ). I challenge anyone who thinks this game is a simple button basher to face me and i'll show you how deep the game gets!
on 18 March 2002
A brilliant graphical display of a beat em up game, even makes the arcade games look primitive, the details are amazing. A very well thought out game with options of tag teams, player versus player and loads more including a brilliant training option where your oponent stands still and takes the bashing! This game proves that XBox is a games console and a half, even details down to the hair moves individually to the player, makes PS2 look like an Spectrum 123.
on 28 March 2002
Okay so it's been a while since ive been into consoles I used to have a PSone when they first came out and funnily enough my favouraite game was SoulBlade, as soon as I saw the graphics for DOA3 I had to have an xbox just for this game. Well what can I say, the gameplay is excellent, the arenas are fantastic the characters are amazing and the graphics like nothing ive ever seen before. This game rocks severely, the team battle and tag match options are really well executed and environments like the lost world are fantastic fun, if you like beat em ups I'd rate this as the best ive ever played. There are hundreds of different moves and each character executes them with fluid grace and top notch frame rates. Buy it, you know you want to.

See one answered question