4.0 out of 5 stars An incredible debut
This album is truly a work of art, I found it in Amercia and recognising him from his appearence in Ally McBeal and seeing the song he sung was on the album, I had to buy it, and it was one of the best investments I have ever made.
I won't review each song, but will give an overview of what I consider are the highlights.
"You're still you" is the song from Ally...
Published on 19 Mar 2004 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful!
What can I say that hasn't already been said. HUGE disappointment after waiting avidly for this album. Not a note worthy song amongst the lot!
Sad to say but Josh's feeble attempts at song writing are awful. Self belief is one thing but to foist it on his fans to this extent is criminal. I have played the CD several times now and it will now be consigned to items...
Published on 17 Mar 2011 by Ms. J. Hobbins

4.0 out of 5 stars An incredible debut, 19 Mar 2004
Amazon Customer (Nr Stroud, Gloucester) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Josh Groban [U.S. Version] (Audio CD)
"You're still you" is the song from Ally McBeal and is an incredibly powerful ballad featuring a wonderful string and piano accompanying him, the crescendo towards the end as he declares his admiration truly shows the potential this artist has.
"To where you are" is possibly my favourite track on the album. A hauntingly beautiful song about losing a loved one, and knowing they are still around you, will not only touch your heart but also inspire.
"Alejate" is actually the Spainish version of a Celine Dion track called "Just walk away" The Dion version is a melancholic beauty and while in an unfamiliar language and with a slight flamenco guitar essence, this is still a masterful track which while not even understanding the actual words will not stop the content from coming through.
"Canto Alla Vita" features the Corrs (Yes I had wondered where they went as well) and is an eclectic mix between opera, light techno backings, a hint of folk and the Corrs who finalise it to become an initially strange though quite funky mix.
"Prayer" featuring Charlotte Church, a duet which at times seems to not know where to end. A traditional 'I'll sing it in English then you sing the Italian bit" formula which is very successful though I am not entirely sure their voices compliment each other as some of his other duets. The song is a little preachy bordering on total optimism but does work my only concern being that 2 people who have incredible voices do not automatically make a perfect duo.
Overall this album is without a doubt the most inspirational and powerful I have bought in a long time. If you think it is only opera you are wrong and don't let that put you off if you do not like that genre, neither do I but this album features so much to listen to, that when there is a slight operatic piece you find yourself giving in to it unashamedly.

5.0 out of 5 stars SENSATIONAL - Do not miss out, 2 Sep 2005
Sue "Sue" (North East of England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Josh Groban [U.S. Version] (Audio CD)
First saw Josh on Ally Mcbeal singing "You're Still You" (don't let this put you off if your not a fan of the TV show) ... I was stunned but had no idea who he was.
I was off ill recently and caught him on a 2nd episode singing "To Where You Are" which left me in tears and this time I had to find out if I could get hold of his music.
Some of the songs are not in English but this is nothing to worry about ... they are just as moving and just as addictive. Alejate is just amazing ... makes me want to learn Spanish!!
If you are at all undecided then I recommend you take the plunge ... you won't be sorry ... and if you don't find at least one song on this CD that moves you to tears I will be surprised.
Stuff like this doesn't come along very often ... treat yourself ... then sit back, close your eyes and enjoy x

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Saving the 5th star for his next album..., 16 Feb 2003
By A Customer
Wow, I discovered this album two weeks ago, and I am hooked - smitten even. All
you need to know about Josh Groban is that he has a beautiful voice. Some have
referred to him as the male "Celine Dion"! If you're not a Celine fan (and I'm
certainly not), please don't let this put you off! Neither would I compare him
to any opera singers - he's not an opera singer - indeed, he doesn't claim to be
one and has not recorded any opera pieces. I wouldn't put him in the same
category as Charlotte Church or Russell Watson - who are promoted, somewhat
dubiously some might say, as opera sensations . Josh has a classical sounding
voice that appeals to all age groups. This is reflected in his songs, one minute
he's singing with The Corrs on Canto Alla Vita, then he's singing a stately, yet
funky version of Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring. Closer to mainstream pop music are
the two ballads You're Still You and To Where You Are and the classic Vincent
which he makes his own. If you're worried about half the songs being in Italian
(one in Spanish), don't be. I don't know what he's singing about but Alejate is
very sexy. His baritone is so rich and expressive that I'd listen to him sing
anything. All this, and he's not quite twenty-two! I definitely recommend this
cd, and also the Josh Groban in Concert DVD which is a real treat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!!!!!!, 2 April 2002
Jensine (Essex, Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Josh Groban [U.S. Version] (Audio CD)
I first heard Josh Groban on Ally McBeal and immediately loved his voice. I tried to find out who it was back then (about a year ago) but couldn't....and then I saw him again and managed to get his name off the net.
Got the cd yesterday and it is absolutely beautiful!!! My favourites: you're still you, to where you are and the prayer..with charlotte church. But the rest are also fantastic.
I can't recommend this cd highly enough, I'm not really a fan of this type of music but Josh has a voice that i believe would appeal to anyone. Its stunning!
Go buy it!!!!!!!!!!

which he makes his own. If you're worried about half the songs being in Italian
(one in Spanish), don't be. I don't know what he's singing about but Alejate is
very sexy. His baritone is so rich and expressive that I'd listen to him sing
anything. All this, and he's not quite twenty-two! I definitely recommend this
cd, and also the Josh Groban in Concert DVD which is a real treat.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!! Goosebump city!!, 3 Feb 2003
This review is from: Josh Groban [U.S. Version] (Audio CD)
I first saw Josh on Ally McBeal a year ago but didn't remember him till I saw Des and Mel on ITV last week. After seeing his performance, I bought his album. His music and talent fill you with emotion and even move you to tears! Your still you and To where you are, are the best on the album but its all good!! I highly recommend this wonderful CD and hope many others enjoy Josh's magnificent voice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not since Scott Walker have I heard a voice like this, 20 Sep 2002
Cyberwitch (Cranbrook, Kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Josh Groban [U.S. Version] (Audio CD)
I saw Josh Groban on "Ally McBeal" and thought he was simply an actor miming a song, only later did I discover he was the singer. The song he sang is beautiful ("You're still you") but the whole CD is exceptional and I believe his voice has a quality that reminds me of Scott Walker at his finest. I don't expect anyone to agree with me, this is my opinion only, but this CD is never far from my hearing - in the car, at work, at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Voice!, 2 Mar 2003
This review is from: Josh Groban [U.S. Version] (Audio CD)
Since seeing this young man on "Ally McBeal" and finally discovering who exactly he was on Barbra Steisands "Duets"album....this CD has hardly been off the stereo! Josh has the most amazing voice I have heard in years! Forget Bocelli and Russell Watson....this voice will make your toes curl!!! The selection of songs is varied....italian, spanish and english...hauntingly beautiful lyrics, wonderful orchestrations and arrangements...sung with depth and feeling. This young man should have an amazing future...I would love to see him perform ...whether it be in musical theatre, opera or concert. Bring on the next album!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great listening, 25 Sep 2005
E. Irving - See all my reviews
This review is from: Josh Groban [U.S. Version] (Audio CD)
DVD great viewing and CD great listening, especially if you wake up in the middle of the night and have trouble getting back off to sleep, but same can be said of Eros Ramozatti,Andrea Bocelli and Laura Pausini. All great listening and viewing. We cannot get enough of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding vocal talent and tasteful track selection, 29 Dec 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Josh Groban [U.S. Version] (Audio CD)
A truly exceptional release Josh Gorban offers a voice that eradicates the elitist tone common among the operatic style, his mastery of vocal resonance is truly admirable. It is perhaps disappointing that the quality of his voice is overpowered by some of the instrumentals in the tracks but it won't disturb your listening pleasure too much. To where you are and you're still you are among the best tracks of this all-round excellent album, in the fifth track you're still you Gorban disembarks from the operatic style towards the end of the song and displays a well developed dynamic range which will hopefully feature on future releases. Josh Gorban deserves notoriety and acclaim and with the current flurry of television appearances he is sure to achieve it. I would recommend only one thing to Josh Gorban and I beg to differ with one of the reviewers Josh should never ever duet with Charlotte Church again for she certainly does not have the 'voice of an angel' rather a voice which is crude and precocious . He has quite literally the best male vocals I have ever had the pleasure of listening to, it is a voice all will cherish and the tracks are tasteful and enjoyable, with such a developed voice at such a young age the sky is the limit on what we can expect in the future.

Josh Groban [U.S. Version]
Josh Groban [U.S. Version] by Josh Groban (Audio CD - 2002)