Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 December 2001
"Eee-O 11 The Best Of The Rat Pack"? Eee-O!! Yea, right babee! To the initiated, obviously not the the "best" of Frank, Dean and Sam and if someone at EMI had held the marketing department down it could have gone out as just "The Rat Pack". Having said that, it is a very nice collection with lesser known tracks from Frank in the selection of "I'm Gonna Live Till I Die" and "Mr. Success". The packaging is designed around the film "Ocean's Eleven" (surely not because there is a remake on the way!) but I for one hope that this "first official collection" is not the last. Though much of the "best of the Rat Pack" is to be found on live recordings, I hope there is more to come because let's face it baby however these guys are packaged they are still amongst the greatest entertainers to ever pass our way. Raise a glass and thank God for recorded sound! To sum it up: BUY IT!
on 4 January 2002
I am a huge Rat Pack fan but I was somewhat sceptical about this album just being a quick commerical answer to the new Oceans Eleven film. However I was not dissapointed once I had heard it, quite the contrary, it hasn't left my CD player for 3 days. The album has some real classics including "A Lot of Livin' to Do" by Sammy Davis Jr and a Sinatra/Davis Jr rendition of "Me and My Shadow". It manages to combine a selection of Swing, Blues and Easy Listening Tracks that show the strengths of each individual Rat Pack artist. It even features Sinatra's "Witchcraft", the song from the talking sword in the Who Framed Roger Rabbit? movie which I have spent years trying to find. Although the version of "Lady is a Tramp" is dissapointing compared to the one on "The Main Event", I would definitely recommend this to any Rat Pack fan, or to anyone looking for a taste of the respective artists.
on 30 October 2003
This is the first of Sinatra I had ever heard. I don't want to bore you so ill get straight to the point. The music is played flawlessly, the recording quality is fantastically clear, Dean Frank and Sammy are such amazing performers that they will leave you wanting to listen to so much more of their work. A great start into the exploration of jazz and Sinatra.
on 25 August 2003
I'm of the younger generation so unfortunately wasn't around when these guys were performing. However, this album is absolutely fantastic, and it's obvious that effort has been put into ensuring excellent sound quality. Buy it, you won't regret it!
on 23 September 2014
I had been looking for this cd for ages as it has most of my favourites on it. It was cheap and delivered really quickly - bonus!
on 18 January 2015
If you're in of Sintara, Martin or Davis. JR, you must have this piece.
on 22 March 2015
Some decent tracks, but also quite a few I had never heard before.
on 2 July 2014
Excellent - great mix of songs
on 28 December 2015