5.0 out of 5 stars The best punk album ever
A marvellous masterclass in misanthropy. Haven't heard this in over 20 years but its vitriol and cheek haven't diminished.

If this band had had more publicity then surely this album would be appearing in those drab top 100 albums of all time compiled by the likes of Q.

Buy this and shake the cobwebs of mediocrity away.
Published on 5 July 2006 by SmokingSkull

1.0 out of 5 stars My God the drugs must have been good back then
Juvenile cack of the highest order. I revisited this as i'd remembered liking it a long time ago.
My God the drugs must have been good back then.
This is the absolute pits.
I suppose this is what growing up is all about.
Published on 19 Nov. 2009 by JONESY

5.0 out of 5 stars The best punk album ever, 5 July 2006
This review is from: We Are...the League (Audio CD)

Buy this and shake the cobwebs of mediocrity away.

5.0 out of 5 stars back to my misguided youth..............., 25 Jan. 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: We Are The League (Audio CD)
I dont know what possessed me to look up the anl........ just missing my teenage years of madness I think as I watch my children at the beginning of theirs. I used to have this album on vinyl back then and played it continously. For me the anl were the best punk group around, the most real. Anyway I had to order it and OH MY GOD I still know all the words and I still love it as much as back then! What can I say but BUY IT! or any other anl early stuff you fancy. Its so full of angst and aggro and needless to say my kids love it too (they can't believe records had swearing like this in it before eminem!) AWESOME!

5.0 out of 5 stars I hate people too..., 25 Jun. 2010
This review is from: We Are...the League (Audio CD)
This is a great punk album. Currently it's the only Anti-Nowhere League album I own, but it's well worth it if you like furious punk rock. It does have an abundance of profanity, it's not big and it's not clever, but it's entertaining as animal snarls the vocals with such venom that you genuinely believe that he hates pretty much everything. Musically it's not really anything special, but the vocals are so blunt and really good if you're in the mood. Favourite songs for me would have to be 'We're The League', 'Woman', 'We Will Not Remember You', 'Snowman', 'I Hate People' and the possibly more familiar 'So What', a Metallica staple at live gigs.
Should be of interest to anyone into vulgar punk. Not sure how long that list of people would be though...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of nostalgia!!, 4 Nov. 2007
Uncle Barbar (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: We Are...the League (Audio CD)
This brings back some fantastic memories for me. The first time I saw the Anti-Nowhere League was when they were on at a Damned concert in the early 1980s at the Lyceum. Animal came on throwing an axe around and sang "So What". A really fun-night out.

Superb album and deserves to be enjoyed tongue-in-cheek by a new generation of "punks"!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cant stand rock n roll? Buy this then, 14 Nov. 2006
This review is from: We Are...the League (Audio CD)
This band define what punk was all about. Something original, something outrageous. Something that sticks two fingers up to everything else. The Anti-nowhere league have made an absolute classic here. The first four words show what the rest of the album will be like "WE ARE.... THE LEAGUE!!!" There is not a bad track on this album, some are not too good like World War III and (We Will Not) Remember You, but everything else is amazing. This album includes thier first single Streets of London and its controversal B-side So What which is one of the best punk tracks ever made. This Single, along with the album was promptly banned by the Obscene Publications Squad and So What has even been covered by Metallica. My personal favourates on this album are the obvious So what, a song influenced by a pub conversation, I Hate...People, We're The League, Animal, Lets Break The Law and Woman. Thats almost half the album!. So if your looking for some real hardcore, outrageous punk music I'd reccomend this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Under-rated classic?, 17 Feb. 2005
This review is from: We Are The League (Audio CD)
The Anti Nowhere League may not be as well known these days as The Clash or The Sex Pistols but they are well worth checking out. 'We Are the League' is great album, full of loud, sweary punk classics. The songs, 'Woman' and 'I Hate People' are worth the price of admission alone. Throw in the bonus tracks, including the sweartastic 'So What' and you'd be doing yourself a disservice by not owning this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic album all Punk fans should have., 21 Jan. 2002
This review is from: We Are...The League (Audio CD)
From the classic cover of 'Streets of London' through to the Infamous 'So What' the album is wall-to-wall thrash. Take Animals magical haunting lyrics from drug classic 'Snow Man', mix in the humour of 'Woman' and finish it with the contraversial 'Animal' and this one truely classic album all Punk fans shouls have -Don't miss out.

5.0 out of 5 stars ANTI--NO-WAY..FANTASTIC.., 1 April 2010
Roy Stanley (ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
ANTI-NOWHERE LEAGUE..2 ALBUMS PLUS BONUS TRACKS..XMAS COME EARLY..THE FIRST AND THE BEST--WE ARE THE LEAGUE,,WHAT CAN YOU SAY BUT A CLASSIC AND THE BONUS SONGS ARE GREAT, LIVE SONGS FROM THE APOCALYPSE TOUR 1981( I WAS THERE-GREAT!!!).....THEN THE LIVE ALBUM FROM YUGOSLAVIA,FANTASTIC AND FULL OF GREAT SONGS AND BANTER...MUST BUY IF YOU LIKE RAW AND ENERGY...PUNK 4EVER..

5.0 out of 5 stars The League at thier best, 30 Sept. 2001
This review is from: We Are...The League (Audio CD)
This album is the league at their best,
lean mean bad punk machine with animal at his growling best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh air, 26 Sept. 2008
A. Thirsk (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: We Are...the League (Audio CD)
When you get fed up with all the trash spewed out by a geriatic controlled rock/pop scene. Put this on and blow the blues away. Still great after all these years.

We Are...the League
We Are...the League by Anti-Nowhere League (Audio CD - 2001)