5.0 out of 5 stars Showaddywaddy at their creative peak
As mentioned in Paul's review, this is simply a first-rate re-issue of one of Showaddywaddy's best studio albums.
Published on 17 Mar. 2002 by S K THORPE

Third album by showaddywaddy, in 1976. I love this band and have since I was just 3!..but this album must have been a flop for this great band because the majority of the songs on here are tasteless and more or less boring.

Published 4 months ago by Adamed

5.0 out of 5 stars Showaddywaddy at their creative peak, 17 Mar. 2002
This review is from: Trocadero (Audio CD)
Incredibly hard to get hold of on vinyl until now, it features some of their best material..."Paint Your Picture" is a stand-out ballad with fantastic string arrangements - written by the band and with stunning vocals. "Rock 'n' Roll Music" is covered with energy and great musical ability (the harmonies in particular really sound tight)and as many fans seem to agree, the title track is just perfect!
Full marks to Cherry Red for producing such authentic re-issues and including bonus tracks as well!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Yet, 22 Feb. 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Trocadero (Audio CD)
This is the best Showaddywaddy reissue yet by Cherry Red Records. The whole package is excellent, the CD booklet, the inserts in the jewel case and the CD sound quality is second to none. Most of the songs on the album were written by Showaddywaddy, including my favourite 'Trocadero', and it is great to see the b-sides of 'Lucy Jane' and 'Teenage Love Affair' finally available on CD!
All in all a great CD and I highly recommend it.
Cheers! from Paul.

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD, 19 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Trocadero (Audio CD)
Another good offering from the excellent Showaddywaddy, containing the usual mix of Rock 'n' Roll covers and band written originals. Stand out tracks for me are Lookin' Back, Paint Your Picture and Go Johnny Go. Also includes the No.1 Hit, Under the Moon of Love, as a bonus track.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 6 Aug. 2013
The vinyl plays really good, nice condition. The sleeve and the cover is in good nick too. Love it, 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable listening., 8 July 2013
This review is from: Trocadero (Audio CD)
When I first heard the album in the seventies, it wasn't to my taste (I was born in 1961), but as I have got older, my tastes have mellowed. My sister still has this on cassette!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not terrible, just a small amount of classics on this album.., 20 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Trocadero (Audio CD)

Decent tracks on here are 'Trocadero', 'heartbeat', 'Heavenly', 'sweet and innocent you', 'Go Johnny Go', 'Record Machine', 'Say Mama', and 'Under The Moon Of Love' which to be honest, is the only song on here I can literally call a classic, I'm sorry to say. the rest of the songs I mentioned are pretty good, enjoyed listening to them but the rest of them are easily forgettable and I couldn't get into them at all really..8 good tracks out of 15 isn't the best attempt in my opinion, but I dunno, others may like all the songs on it.

Don't think I'm insulting showaddywaddy at all because I am not, I have loved them for years! This is obviously just a flop, I mean every band has one album that isn't as good as the others. Some good songs, but 7 songs that I couldn't really get into

I'd purchase this to complete your showaddywaddy collection if you're a fan, their next album that was released after this 'Red Star' was great and so were the rest of the albums. Love Showaddywaddy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Help I've been sectioned-Again!!!, 18 Mar. 2003
C. Brazier "fizzy-o-tron" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trocadero (Audio CD)
The Wad' boys certainly bring back some deeply buried memories. It was simply marvelous to hear this recording again and it didn't let me down. I think the production is simply marvelous especially on "Paint Your Picture", hang on Brian Wilson, take cover Phil Spector and start running Joey Beltram because here come the Wad'. Superb studio wizardry and masterful instrumentation form the backdrop to some classic neo-rockabilly songs. I've given this album just one star, why? Simply that The Waddy are capable of awesome production and melodies, anyone else would be more than satisfied but I think the guys know they are capable of even greater things. It may have one star but let me tell you there's nothing Shoddywaddy about this Showaddywaddy release. Pocka-pocka blam! You've just taken out the opposition with Trocadero, everyone hits the deck shaking, scared witless by your 35mm balladry. The booty is yours guys you just took care of business.

Trocadero
Trocadero by Showaddywaddy (Audio CD - 2012)