Format: DVD|Change

on 26 October 2001
The village people. The group who gave us hits of the time such as 'In the Navy', 'Macho Man' and 'YMCA' Indeed hits of yesterday, but if one were to attend a disco party of the present time in the twenty first centuary, one almost certainly hear the sounds of the Village People in the form of the YMCA groovy and hip and happening 'tune'. I feel anyone reading this with a DVD player, should see it their responisbility to the members of the Village people to pay one penny less than fifteen pounds in appreciation to, without doubt, the best group of disco deevers in history. Praise to the people of the village.
on 23 January 2015
ENJOYABLE DVD I HAD A FEW CHUCKLES.
THE LIVE! CLIPS ARE GOOD - FILMED IN JAPAN I LOVE THE NIPPS THEY ARE SO FUNNY THEY REALLY KNOW HOW TO HAVE A GOOD TIME " BLESS 'EM "
THE PROMO VIDEO CLIPS ARE REALLY GOOD ASWELL .
IT'S A SHAME THE ORIGINAL PROMO VIDEO FOR " YOU CAN'T STOP THE MUSIC " IS MISSING BUT HAS BEEN REPLACED BY A LIVE! VERSION ?
I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO WATCHING THESE IDIOTS STRUTTING THEIR STUFF ON THE BULLDOZER ! HA ! HA ! HA !
THE LAST TIME I SAW MOUSTACHES LIKE THIS WAS ON MY X GIRLFRIEND !

THE ONLY THING I NEED TO DO KNOW IS FIND A " VERY SAFE PLACE TO HIDE IT "
INCASE MY FLAT EVER GETS BROKE IN TO ? " EVEN BURGULARS WOULD LAUGH IF THEY FOUND THIS WHILE RIFFLING THROUGH MY DVD COLLECTION ?
PLUS I WOULDN'T WANT MY NEIGHBOURES TO KNOW I HAVE THIS VIDEO AS I WOULDN'T WANT ANYBODY TO THINK I WAS " CATCHING THE OTHER BUS "

GOOD MUSIC DVD ALL THE SAME GAURENTEES LAUGHTER !
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 6 August 2015
Was a group ever more fun than Village People? The individual members come across as raunchy and naive in equal measure, to leave you dizzy with confusion - and the presentations here are very camp, of course. The lead singer seems to change in some of the songs, but the big guy is an absolute winner in Go West, In The Navy - on board ship - and Macho Man. The gym routine in Y.M.C.A. is a supreme classic, and shows you what working out should all be about - having fun looking at other people's muscles - unlike much of today's ultra-serious fitness routines, and all that solitude ... Not for these lads: they're all pulling together, and looking all the better for it. Live versions of Fire Island, talking about stuff going on in the bushes, and Can't Stop The Music, add the frisson of the live event, Rock 'n' Roll Is Back Again is totally irresistible, also live, while Just a Gigolo finds the boys out singing and jiving in a freezing cold Central Park, all in their costumes, just great to see, as if each of them were standing on an invisible go-go box right out there in the winter sunlight.
on 22 July 2004
I recently replaced my VHS copy of "Can't stop the music" for the crisp new DVD transfer (from the States). You guys are right - it's just such a fab movie! Great production numbers (Milkshake and YMCA) along with an outrageously camp and funny storyline.
My VHS copy is now spare, if either of you want it! (david5166@yahoo.com)
on 7 March 2001
Featuring the Seventies group which did for the moustache what Barry White did for the medallion, this musical extravaganza needs to be taken with a large pinch of salt to be appreciated by anyone other than a hardcore Village People fan. This classic video charts the musical rise and fall of the Village People, from the heady days of YMCA, through the seedy but unmissable Sex Over the Phone, to a brief and vaguely disturbing spell as New Romantics.For sheer comedy appeal and funky, strutting seventies disco, this is unbeatable entertainment - don't take it too seriously and you'll be surprised how much you like it!
on 6 July 2004
I'd just like to add my comments to the other reviewer on screen and state that for years I have been trying to get a hold of the Village People film entitled 'You Can't Stop the Music'. It is great! It was never designed to be a 'classic' but is full of good music and at the end makes you feel good too. Surely someone out there knows where we can get our hands on it?
on 9 March 2004
i really enjoyed this music great. i just wish i could get a hold of the movie they did . how they all came together its great i saw it when i was a kid.
on 17 June 2014
this is a great dvd I realy enjoy it and when I have people around in is great to watch with friends
on 8 March 2016