5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible selection
Published on 7 Dec 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite music to my ears
As with most CDs you find one or two that you really like. Listened to it and at the end of the week put it in the church's coffe morning bric-a-brac stall.
Published 8 months ago by John C

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible selection, 7 Dec 2002
This review is from: Classic FM: Time to Relax (Audio CD)
Ever since buying this collection, I have it playing in my office all day long. It is an incredibly moving selection of all my favourites and has lead to me buying many of the selections in longer format. The Aria from Goldberg Variations makes me stop working every day.. to just listen and get lost in the piece. It works as an introduction but also as a longterm good choice for when you want some variation and don't have time to keep changing CD's... they have chosen all the best sections from all the best pieces.. great for first dates, in the car or in the office keeping your blood pressure down and your brainwaves active.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate Do-It-Yourself Relaxation kit!, 10 Oct 2001
This review is from: Classic FM: Time to Relax (Audio CD)
Classic FM have done it again. Their new box sets have become an annual event. I bought "Relax" two years ago and "Relax More" last year. Both are excellent - but this new CD eclipses them. I'd been wondering if they'd manage to find enough repertoire to fill another three discs - but I'm happy to say that the choice of tracks on "Time to Relax" is quite simply stunning. There are some great favourites here - but also some new pieces which are more unfamiliar. I've already spent many an hour luxuriating to this beautiful music, and now I know what I'll be buying my stressed-out friends for Christmas. This is a CD that does exactly what it says on the box!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stressed? This may be the answer!, 1 April 2002
This review is from: Classic FM: Time to Relax (Audio CD)
As a seasoned clubber I'm more used to house and trance, but I stumbled upon Classic FM last year. I was trying to find something to listen to in the car that would stop me getting road rage! Though I still enjoy my nights out, the station has bought the joys of classical music to my attention, and this CD contains many of my new favourites from 'Relaxing Classics at 2' and 'Smooth Classics at 7'. If you like listening to those programmes you can't fail to enjoy this compilation. It helps me to stay sane when stuck in traffic, unwind after a hectic day at work, or just chill out on a weekend, and it's lovely background music when I'm studying too. Regardless of my other musical tastes, I've found this CD to be my perfect antedote to modern life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exhaustive collection, 29 April 2009
This review is from: Classic FM: Time to Relax (Audio CD)
I don't claim to be knowledgeable about Classical music, nor do I listen to Classic FM (although my wife does), however I love this box set as the many 'tracks' have been well chosen and are perfect for unwinding or even for starting the day to. Has turned me on to Classical music!

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Cross-over' with style, 23 Nov 2002
This review is from: Classic FM: Time to Relax (Audio CD)
I have very little to add to the two excellent reviews above, other to say that I agree totally and would make one point of my own - that this anthology's depth and breadth blissfully avoids the "The Greatest _____ Album Ever' mentality, choosing instead some less well known works (yikes, you mean not even an advert!)on the basis that they massage away the scabby stresses of the 21st century.
Butterworth's "The Banks of the Green Willow" and Einaudi's "Le Onde" are two cases in point.
Not so much a bargain, more an aesthetic investment - in my mind the logical expression of where "Ambient" goes next.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the box, 19 April 2003
This review is from: Classic FM: Time to Relax (Audio CD)
Play it in the car. Play it in the bath. Play it wherever, the effect is the same. A good collection of relaxing music.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite music to my ears, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: Classic FM: Time to Relax (Audio CD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, matches the seller's description perfectly., 6 Nov 2013
This review is from: Classic FM: Time to Relax (Audio CD)
Bought as a Christmas gift, so recipient's reaction is awaited but it includes the track of particular interest and a great many other masterpieces besides, so am pretty confident it will hit the spot. Seems to me to be excellent value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great to relax to, 24 Oct 2013
This review is from: Classic FM: Time to Relax (Audio CD)
Good CD has everything you would want to chill out and listen to. Recommend I like to listen when I am cooking. Good mixture.

5.0 out of 5 stars SO RELAXING MY FRIEND FELL ASLEEP, 21 Oct 2013
Christopher W. Brierley - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Classic FM: Time to Relax (Audio CD)
I bought this used but "as new" from an Amazon shop at a bargain price for a close friend who needed something to relax him, it did the trick. What you get is 3 CD's, over 3 hours of well recorded extracts of well known smooth classical music, as you may hear on Classic fm. all beautifully packaged with separate jewel cases and a decent booklet.
If this is the sort of thing you're after, then you cannot buy better, recommended.

Classic FM: Time to Relax
Classic FM: Time to Relax by César Franck (Audio CD - 2001)