on 9 November 2001
This CD is music to "get it on" to. Don't let this fool you that the CD contains sexually explicit lyrics all the way through, while there are a couple of humorous sex joke bits (Herbs, good hygiene & socks), the CD's lyrics are innuendos ("feel the stroke of your paintbrush on my blank sheet of paper"). Mike Patton and Jennifer Charles sing these saucy lyrics to an equal saucy musical background of low bass drum beats, strings, and record scratches. There are also a few sample-laden instrumentals to keep those logs burning all night.
This is a very interesting and enjoyable (and by that I mean the music!) CD, with some great melodies. Best tracks are "Anger Management" (mostly Mike Patton singing), "Pit stop", and "Book of the month"
on 28 January 2009
A friend of mine bought me this album because he said it worked better than barry white at setting 'the mood' (wink-wink) and he wasn't joking. yet the album isn't just 'get it on' music you get a smile out of it too, because it doesnt take itself too seriously.
Jennifer charles and mike patton's voices go suprisingly well together and the songs are cool and the cover of 'Sex (I'm a)' is one of the sexiest things i've ever listened to.
Buy it if you get a chance, you won't regret it.
on 7 June 2014
A great album for those who like the trip hop sounds of Handsome Boy Modelling Club. Album arrived promptly and was in great condition for a secondhand CD. It played flawlessly and the packaging was unmarked. £17 was a significant saving on the cheapest new CD at £85!
on 24 October 2015
Great condition, fast delivery. Great thank you!!
on 18 November 2001
O.K, I heard Handsom Boy Modeling School, Deltron 3030 and some stuff from A Much Better Tomorrow and I thought I just had to have this CD.
I was right, it's seriously cool, "Stroker Ace" particularly is an awesome track, and as always Automater's production is sumptuous and as near to perfection as youy can get but there are some problems:
Like Handsom Boy Modeling School this album is full of jokes, and the problem is that like on Handsom Boy you don't always get all of them, and you can end up getting a bit bored with the album.
Some of the tracks aren't that great as well, but there are enough good ones to make it worthwhile (just).
Don't get me wrong tho, I love this album-BUY IT, but see if you can have a listen first.
on 5 April 2002
When I first heard about this CD it was the artists involved which initially caught my attention. The potential for a really superb album being made here was clear. However, when I gave this album a few listens I was slightly dissapointed.
The vocals are superb, Patton sings in his usual rythmic manner and Charles sings through her teeth. However, the musical arrangements all
sound bare and uninteresting, and as if they were
all played solely on an old synth with a sequencer. Some tracks stand out initially as entertaining such as 'Book of the month' and 'Anger management' but become tiresome after
several listens. As for the comedy element, a lot of it is of the Sid James 'Carry on ' variety if you know what I mean, although, in fairness some is a little smarter than that. The track 'Lovage' is the funniest in my opinion which includes Damon Albarn doing a mock advert for the herbal
'imbibe' lovage. If you are looking for a comedy album with undemanding pop songs then you might like this but expect no more than that.