Colour: Cerise|Size: 18 cm|Change

on 30 November 2012
I already have one almond coloured 18cm stoneware rectangular dish, given to me as part of a set. I needed another, so found one on Amazon. I was disappointed to see that it is made in China and is slightly different to the French made Le Creuset one I recieved in the set. The shape, colour and quality are all slightly different. It does the job, but it doesn't match. Not what I expected.
on 8 December 2015
Single serving sized product. Stoneware is always a winner. It will go straight from the fridge to the oven. It heats through evenly and quickly. It conducts the heat well, so the cooking time is reduced (check regularly to avoid well done or charred food!). This is really easy to clean as the food just slides off with water. Stoneware doesn't recommend the use of washing up liquid/detergent or dishwashers as there needs to be a build up of "seasoning" (that brown baking marks to you and me!). Although this seasoning doesn't pass flavours between the food baked (I made a very garlicky lasagne in this, and then used it to make a lemon sponge that evening, and you just couldn't taste garlic in the sponge at all). For the first few uses, I would recommend that you put a very light covering of fat, butter or trex to allow that initial build up of seasoning, to really get that none stick factor.
Found this useful? Please vote as helpful using the buttons below, if not please let me know via the comments option how I can improve this post. Thanks x
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 5 December 2015
I have seen the adverse reviews of these dishes but so far I have had no problems with mine regarding splits or the development of hairline cracks. The thing I like most about them is the size (18cm) - neither too small nor too big. I have a couple of the gorgeous cassis colourway and use them as roasting dishes for small joints and for making lasagna & other baked pasta dishes, cauliflower cheese, etc.. They go in the freezer too.

What you can't do with these is place them on the hob - not a problem for me given what I am using them for. It is also sensible to wait for the dishes to cool down before rinsing them - thermal shock can crack any ceramic dish. Similarly, If they have been in the freezer then don't put them into a hot oven - put them in the cold oven so that they warm up with the oven. All of this is on the instructions that come with the dishes. They are very easy to clean - if anything does get burnt on a quick soak with a little washing-up liquid does the trick. That said, I rarely find anything stuck onto the dishes.
VINE VOICEon 5 April 2016
Le Creuset are a top quality brand.

This is the smallest oblong dish that they produce, and is now fairly standard every time they bring out a new colour. For singles this size is so useful it has to be one of their bst sellers. This is a generous sized portion for one, and is ideal for lasagne.
It is also great if you want to microwave a supermarlet chilled meal for one, as this dish is the ideal size in which to slip the heated meal in a plastic container, giving it a rigid support, and an attractive appearance.

This is really nice colour. Mid blue with s deep cream inner. It is also being offered at a better price than many other colours in some outlets. Both my everyday dishes and best dinner set feature blue asa primary colour, so this is great for me. i can use it as single portion cookware, or as a server for side dishes with guests.

Not only do I buy these when they are a good price for their quality, but their perfect dimensions, and they make a perfect gift for single friends.
on 26 September 2011
Today after only a few months the third Le Creuset dish in as many years cracked in half. They are not treated badly or handled in a way which would cause this. I have several other non Le Creuset dishes that are kept and used in the same way which are far older.

The quality appears to have dropped considerably. Don't waste your cash on what is now an inferior product; trading on its name.
on 5 April 2014
ideal size dish for making a comforting Shepherds or Cottage pie. Food does not seem to stick to Le Creuset ware. I also use it for cooking Chicken portions, Salmon or Sausages. An ideal size for 2 -3 people.
on 18 June 2013
These are great if you want to make individual Lasagne or other meals and go strait in the oven also dishwasher safe.
on 18 January 2013
The size is just right for serving one vegetable, which is why I have 3 of them, will buy more in different colours.
on 8 February 2013
In typical Le Creuset fashion this is a stylish & durable dish that's perfect for an individual meal or a roasted side dish. The stoneware is hard wearing and is easily cleaned back to it's original finish without holding any long term stains.
on 8 February 2013