Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 August 2001
A very good album which is near enough glued inside my CD player because I always listen to it!! 'Hit Or Miss' may tempt you into buying the album, but tracks like 'Better Off Dead', 'Dressed To Kill', 'Eyesore' and 'All About Her' will have you begging for more! A totally well rounded punk band worthy of the fame and 'glory' which Green Day and Blink 182 receive!!!
on 4 November 2001
I'm not an out and out punk fan so something like this has to be pretty special before I'll part with the cash. Thing is, this is worth every penny!! You'll be singing your head off as you're driving along with this in the car stereo. It had me hooked from track 1 and it just gets better.
Think Blink 182 but better. Better melodies, better vocals, better lyrics. NFG don't disappoint! I even lent my copy to a diehard dance music fan and he loved it. If you're looking for a good intoduction to that whole SoCal/teen angst/pop punk thing. This is it!
on 10 October 2001
Kicking off with the brilliant "better off dead" this album is fantastic, vocals are spot on and riffs are brilliant, this album is one of the best i have heard in a very long time and there is no end to it's greatness with songs like "dressed to kill" and obviously "hit or miss" this is one fantastic album i would recomend it to all music fans because its soooo good.
When i bought this album, i thought it was ok and listened to it about once and then never really gave it a second thought. after seeing NFG in concert, i was able to get all of the band's autographs and so i thought that because they had been so nice to me, i would give their CD another chance, i listened to it through about 3 times and i was in love, it is punk music with catchy tunes and lyrics that stick in your head for ages, you never get bored of it!
This Cd is a 'MUST HAVE' so buy it!!!!!!!
on 1 November 2007
Undisputed pioneers of the pop-punk movement, New Found Glory helped pave the way for bands like Fall Out Boy and Madina Lake by bringing this kind of music to the mainstream with outstanding albums like this. The fact NFG are still selling albums 7 years after this self-titled effort is testament to their longevity in a fickle business, yet in my eyes this remains their best effort to date. The album flows beautifully, with no filler tracks at all. Standouts include the huge single 'Hit Or Miss', as well as opener 'Better Off Dead' and 'Vegas'. Yet my personal favourite is 'Dressed to Kill', a fantastic song that anybody who has suffered in love can relate to. I hear a lot of people slating New Found Glory and other similar bands because they are not "ground-breaking", when did music become a science? Bands should be judged on how entertaining the music they produce is, and by that criteria this album stands proudly at the top of the pop-punk mountain. Absolutely fantastic.
on 13 December 2001
I heard 'Hit or Miss' and thought, I have to have this album. By god it's brilliant. Fully recommened, especially with bands such as Sum 41, Blink 182, Alien Ant Farm, etc, suddenly becoming massive. If it's darker punk-rock you're looking for you won't find it here, but if it's cheerful SoCal type of music you're looking for, this is what you should already have in your collection, and shame on you for reading this and wanting advice to buy it. In my opinion buy it now, if I could i would have spent £20 on it.
on 1 May 2001
I discovered A New Found Glory by accident. I was simply searching around the web for Punk music and saw that several people had reccommended this band so I thought I'd give them a listen. I bought Nothing Gold can Stay from America and found their EP - It's all about the Girls from a small independent punk music dealer. I was more than impressed and from that moment I knew I had to have this album. My previous favourite bands were Ace Troubleshooter, Less than Jake, MxPx, Craig's Brother, Hangnail and Green Day. This album is up there with the best of them and gets better on every listen. My favourite tracks are still Better off Dead and Second to Last but all the tracks rule and I must reccommend this album to all you Punk music lovers out there. Buy this album immediately or you'll regret it. Brilliant stuff, roll on the next album!!!!
on 13 June 2001
I've only been to one NFG gig but I have to say they are one of the most talented, fun and generally amazing bands ever! Although i would recommend the Screen to your Stereo EP also, this album is gr8! With the new single Hit or Miss, and other catchy tracks like Better off Dead, Sincerely Me and Second To Last its definitely one of my favourite CD's. Its not that heavy, i guess it could be compared to Blink 182's Enema of the State but more melodic. It only takes a few listens for you to be hooked on this and I'd put money on NFG filling arenas very very soon! The only bad point is some of the tracks are a bit samey, but still an awesome album well worth buying for any pop/punk fans!
on 1 October 2001
Even at first listen this album rocks, I cant get enough of it! The guitar work is fanastic especially on 'All about her', and the vocals dont need any explination they're just brilliant.
An album for any occasion too :)
on 9 April 2002
New Found Glory are great! I'm not really sure why people somethimes place them in the same category of Blink 182, I think NFG are musically, miles ahead. Although it's true that they aren't the most groundbreakingly original band on the planet, they're not trying to be!After all, sometimes all you want is some good, catchy guitar riffs. So what if they left their tablas, pan pipes and didgeridoos at home? You don't always want experimentalist weird stuff. They are just producing some of the finest punk music of today, alongside Fenix TX, Ataris (they are the best), Saves the Day and Lagwagon. If you want cheering up and some escapism from the absolute rubbish in the charts at the moment, then you won't go far wrong with NFG.
Some of the best tracks, (although, I can honestly say they are all brilliant) are "Sincerely me" (I like the bass line!), "Hit or miss", "Vegas", "Dressed to kill" (v. catchy), and the rest! I suggest, if you're curious about all of this fantastic music around, but you're a bit of a Steps/Westlife/etc type-teenybopper, then this album is one of the best to get you into what is, a great band. Then..from this album, you need to listen to "Blue Skies, Broken hearts, next 12 exits" - Ataris, "Let's talk about feelings" - Lagwagon and "Lechuza" - Fenix TX, and I assure you, "Steptacular" will never grace your stereo again! Buy this album, it's for your own good! (Oh, and it's great for summer, turned up loud!)