5.0 out of 5 stars The Very Best of Al Green
Published on 16 Nov 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Amazing music...but not keen on the music player
Great album, amazing vocals :-) only problem was it downloaded to an Amazon music player not iTunes which is annoying as all my other music is on iTunes. Have to open the different music player to listen to it :-(
Published 22 months ago by Miss S J Firth

5.0 out of 5 stars The Very Best of Al Green, 16 Nov 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: The Very Best Of (Audio CD)
This album truly is the very best of Al Green and if you are looking for an album that you can slip on while you are with your lover...this is it here, the songs truly touch at the core of what love is all about. I especially love 'Let's stay together'. Al Green has the voice and lyrics to go with it, that just make you want to fully appreciate your significant other all the more. Very smooth and soothing, yet romantic and great at mood setting!

5.0 out of 5 stars Soul, 4 Jan 2004
Craig Mansfield (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Best Of (Audio CD)
What can I tell you about Al Green that you don't already know ?
"Simply Beautiful"- is just that, one man, a guitar, a tape recorder, a microphone, and the capturing of undiluted naked soul, from the inside of a human being.
"How can you mend a broken heart ?" - go and live, fall in love, break up, and have your world torn apart, then realise Al did it 30 years before you, he equates the importance of his heart and the magnitude of his pain, with questions that have baffled humans for all history
"Let's stay together"- "I...I'm SO in love with you....what ever you want to do, is alright with me" sang with the most perfect combination of soul and tireless production values of the day
I love this CD and I love Al Green, because you can hear every little bit of the instruments, the hand and plec hitting the acoustic guitar, the reverb of the room, the snare on the drum, then the gorgeous warmth of the horns, and of course the perfect and versatile singing voice, with some very heart felt and perfectly formed lyrics.
Every now and then, a musician comes along and you know he/she is special, and Al Green is definatley one of them.
Not everything on this cd is classical though, but to be honest, I would buy it for 2 or 3 tracks which are actually timeless.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars! No Questions!..., 20 Dec 2007
This review is from: The Very Best Of (Audio CD)
I brought this album for one purpose and one purpose only 'Let's Stay Together'
I didn't know who sung it because I was an 80's baby raised in the 90's it was before my time, but eventually found out that Al did.
After owning this album 2 months now I have been gripped by Al's presents on the mic, I now have 15 favorite songs on the album, they don't call it greatest hits for nothing!!
I feel so strongly about this album because when ever I hear it, it just makes me feel good, I literally have a smile on my face throughout the album!!
I have an ultimate favorite, but it was hard to pick with great songs like 'Simply Beautiful' 'Sha La La' 'Tired of Being Alone' and 'How Can You Mend a Broken Heart' getting in the way, but 'L.O.V.E.' is just fantastic!!
I now own 5 of Al Greens albums!

Anyone who's looking to get into classic Soul/R'n'B I recommend to start with Al Green, this guy is a legend!! Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars soul master, 9 April 2005
James Kennedy Howarth "jkh24" (leeds uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Best Of (Audio CD)
this is the third greatest hits album from soul legends and this is by far the best. every song is great and it has the best song ever in "lets stay together" and has some great heartbreak songs in "how can u mend a broken heart" and "so tired of being alone".buy this album it is great

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Brilliant, 29 Jan 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: The Very Best Of (Audio CD)
Al Green's voice is sensational. Most of the songs are great. Singing along to them is a must plus 'simply beautiful' has to be the ultimate getting-it-on song ever. What more can I say! I love this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Very Best of Al Green, 20 Oct 2009
The Very Best of Al Green

Excellent CD for all Al Green fans - has all his hits on it. Great value! Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Generous amount of tracks - hiis 'very best' songs are here., 17 Aug 2014
JK "J. K." (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Very Best Of (Audio CD)
I've had this CD for around ten years and it's still one of my favourite compilations. Real value for money because of the very generous track listing;

Let's Stay Together, Sha La La, L-O-V-E, Tired Of Being Alone, Call Me, Simply Beautiful, I'm Still In Love With You,
Here I Am, Look What You Done For Me, Take Me To The River, How Can You Mend A Broken Heart?,
You Ought To Be With Me, Let's Get Married, Full Of Fire, Livin' For You, Keep Me Cryin', I Say A Little Prayer,
Unchained Melody.

The very best of Al Green is exactly that; his best know songs are all here.

Well worth buying and currently, at time of writing this review, out of stock on Amazon so pick up a stray copy if you happen to see one around. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars You don't get better than this, 20 Feb 2010
A. E. Eldred "Ang" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Best Of (Audio CD)
Al Green's smooth tones drift out and you feel good. Excellent for the price

5.0 out of 5 stars the very best of Al Green, 12 April 2010
This review is from: The Very Best Of (Audio CD)
If the music you love is pre-1990 and has soul,i bet you will love this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Very Best Of (Audio CD)
I had this years ago on vinyl, and now I have it again but on disc. I;ve played it over and over and even my kids love it now. They tell me that Obama loves it too. How they know that I don't know. !

The Very Best Of
The Very Best Of by Al Green (Audio CD - 2001)