4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Headphones for day to day use
Published on 16 Mar 2006 by gurningchimp

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, but a pain for big heads.
These headphones, especially considering their ultra low price are of astonishing quality. The quality is crisp, and picks up sections in songs that I have never noticed before, especially bass parts, they give a whole new outlook on every song you have only heard before on average quality speakers/headphones.
That aside though, I did find that after 1/2 hour or so...
Published on 15 Oct 2005 by jammy1985

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Headphones for day to day use, 16 Mar 2006
This review is from: Sony MDR-V300 Headphones with Neodymium Magnet - Folding Design (Electronics)
Not sure how these would fare being used by a professional DJ, but I've had a pair of these for two years now and have had no problems! Very comfortable and a really good quality sound, I have used them both with an MP3 player and making music in a recording studio. The fact that they are still fairly small compared to other full size headphones is a definate plus, they can be easily stored away in bags or pockets. They don't allow much noise through so are perfect for a bus journey when you just want to ignore idiots.
For the price they're currently selling at if you're looking for a decent set of headphones you've found them! I paid twice what they're retailing for now and still class them a bargain!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable Value, 18 Feb 2006
m k connolly (Meriden, warwickshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Someone has made a big mistake with the priceing of the Sony MDR-V300 Headphones. I have bought two pairs (one for my wife)and i am currently listening on my Sony MP3 player. The bass is deep and solid and the treble is bright and clear. My son paid ten times the amount for is DJ headphones and there is no clear discernable difference between them. At this price, get them while you can and I promise you will not be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab sound, good size, nearly perfect, 25 Aug 2005
B. Remy "bezerina" (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
I've given these 4-stars because although very good, they're not perfect.
A lot of the reviews mention the bass that these headphones generate, let me clarify that - I like bass but these headphones LOVE bass!! In fact I had to change my stereo settings to reduce the bass output, such is the "bassiness" of these headphones.
Also, they do leak sound a little too much for my liking. My old Panasonic clip-on headphones leaked less. Luckily I don't tend to listen to my music too loudly, but if you like to listen to your music on 11, then everyone else gets to listen too.
Oh and the cable? Exceedingly long and slightly impractical if you're commuting. Yes you can tie it up but I carry a small bag rather than rucksack so the cable takes up quite a bit of space.
On the plus side, yes there are some, they do sound fab. The quality is very very good, and if you can get the right mix then music has never sounded so good during a morning commute.
They're a really good size too. They cover the ear nicely. A lot of the more professional headphones make you look like a cyborg from outer space, but although these look like serious headphones they aren't in any way ridiculous.
For the price, the sound quality and the size these come highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 21 Aug 2007
C. Rounding "TheRiffMan" (West Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
I bought these headphones 2 years ago mainly to use with my 8-track recorder, and I wasn't disappointed. When recording I use a wide variety of effects and different depths of frequency, but the V300 copes with these extremely well, providing a clear treble sound and a warm, powerful bass sound. Even when cranking up the volume the speakers fail to distort or hiss.

The build and finish are solid and they are very comfortable to wear. The adjustable sliders on either side do a great job ensuring anyone can put them on without causing any discomfort. The length of the cable is quite long, providing some manoeuvrability, whilst the removable jack adaptor means you can plug these into both 1/4 and 1/8th inch sockets.

Even at 10 dearer these would still be great value for money. You can't go wrong with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars V300, 31 May 2007
Andrew Nixon (uk) - See all my reviews
These are the best headphones I have used. The sound is warm and clear. The headphones can go very loud and I have yet to reach the point where the sound distorts.

The design is comfortable, yet tight enough to allow you to walk or run without them falling off. They are also light in weight and aesthetically pleasing.

The wire is around 2.5-3 metres in length which means its long but not wholly unmanageable.

There is some sound leakage at higher volumes but only really enough for those within say 7ft or so to hear.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones but not perfect., 4 Sep 2006
Mirlo Cardenas (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought these about a year ago now, after my sister's rabbit bit right through my nice old Sony headphones! (I no longer live at home, thankfully!)

The quality of these headphones is great. I'm actually listening to them right now.

I take them everywhere, use them at school and work. The small size means you can easily pop them in your bag. As long as you're careful not to sit on your bag or something it's fine.

Like I said I've used them a lot, and the quality is still perfect. Not one dent or scratch either.

The only downsize (and this is just personal preference) is that because of the small size, they are actually too small for my ears. I don't have big ears, but the shape of them means that they don't cover my ears, they just sort of press against them, which means after a few hours my ears start to hurt and I have to take them off for a while.

Also, the wire is way too long for me. I use them just for my iPod and when working on my 'puter, both of which I don't need more than half a meter. When out and about I have to tie the excess wire up and use an elastic band to keep it from falling around my feet and tripping on it. Again this is just a personal preference.

If you have small (tiny?) ears and don't mind the 3 meter wire, don't hesitate to grab these great headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the price suggests, 5 April 2006
D. Jones "djones590" (Somewhere) - See all my reviews
I bought these headphones about 6 months ago, maybe more, and they have worked perfectly since the day i got them, the sound is truly amazing, gives a really good surround sound effect, and you can hear the full quality of the music, if you are passionate about music, and have some sort of cd/mp3 player, then these headphones are for you, only downer is, that the cable is well long, but you won't care, with the sound quality that you are getting,

5.0 out of 5 stars Fanstastic headphones for an excellent price!!!, 15 July 2005
By A Customer
These are amazing headphones for such a good price and very good bass. I own a pair of senheiser px200's and in my opinion these are better as they fit perfect and feel very comfy, the px200's where too light on the ears and did not give there full potential but these have just blown me away!
They sound excellent with my Creative Zen Touch and are exceptionally better than the standard in ear headphones.
Do not hesitate about buying these headphones you will be suprised how good they are for the price you pay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality.....Stylish appearance...it's all here!, 5 April 2005
M. MISER (Nowhere I will tell u) - See all my reviews
I purchased these for my Sony CD player. I was also looking for a set of headphones with the adapter to play in most amps and keyboards; it's all in this package.
As for the quality; when the Sony CD player (DNE-511) was turned to the max digital bass setting; the bass is absolutely amazing for a set of headphones. The frequency response for these are 16k-22k, so descent reproduction of both lows and highs are attained; at least that is what I thought from listening to music also on my Sound Card where the treble and bass were maxxed out on the PC. Good Sound Quality still remained.
Despite the specifications saying the plug type is 3.5mm, it also gives you that 1.5-Inch Adapter for use in most High Fi Sets. A Good bargain for the money all around. Got a hi-fi or need better audio quality and not wanting to break the bank? Get These. You won't regret it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy them!, 27 Dec 2003
I am a DJ and I have had these headphones for about 3 or 4 years. They have great bass definition and in my opinion are better than the MDR-V500's (I have both but I only use the 300's). I bought them for 35 so these are a complete bargain. They have never let me down even after all the abuse that I have given them. Great headphones!