4.0 out of 5 stars a different but superb album

3.0 out of 5 stars dark yet difficult
Published on 28 May 2005 by C. Button

4.0 out of 5 stars a different but superb album, 25 Mar 2004
This review is from: Blueprint For A Sunrise (Audio CD)
Okay so i thought this album would be full of screaming and i only bought it for novelty value, well i'm ashamed i thought like that because this is a really good album. Lay down, close your eyes and listen to this album with a clear mind, the music is very good and so are the lyrics. Yoko Ono is a very good songwriter if this album is anything to go by. Each song is fantastic, but whatever you do, be wary when listening to 'Mulberry,' this is just a live song full of screams and wacky guitar but it gives the album another dimension.
A decent album worh having.

3.0 out of 5 stars dark yet difficult, 28 May 2005
C. Button "cb432" (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blueprint For A Sunrise (Audio CD)
An admirer, yet not an aficionado, of Ono's work, I found this album a surprisingly trying listen. Surprising because I have usually 'got' Yoko's music and style; also because I tend to love so-called 'unlistenable' music just for the challenge of it. However, 'Blueprint for a Sunrise' seems rather unfocused and uncomfortable. It is by no means a bad album- 'I'm not getting enough' is a real gem- but there are uber-'avant garde' tracks such as 'Mulberry' which seem somewhat pointless. I daresay this was actually what Ono intended-but that doesn't really stop you from pressing the 'skip' button. For beginners, I'd recommend something like 'Approximately Infinite Universe'. This perhaps strays on the wrong side of eccentric.

4.0 out of 5 stars yoko and her sixteen track vocals, 30 Sep 2006
Mr. T. P. Mann "tmann27" (derbyshire england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blueprint For A Sunrise (Audio CD)
yoko ono has always been an enigma to me, despite her association with Lennon.her ability to use her voice as a musical instrument as another form of expression has always intrigued me.Here on blueprint for a sunrise is no exception,a fine example is on the track "Mulberry" played live.The theme of this record is her childhood in war-torn japan, and the ragged vocals backed with this band who seem to be able to follow every nuance of ms ono's voice convey this mood so well.I say give it a spin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Primitive & Devilish., 18 Jun 2012
This review is from: Blueprint For A Sunrise (Audio CD)
The first few tracks made me think this album would be yet again another masterpiece from Yoko, it's primitive and wickedly devilish atmosphere was incredible, although a few tracks distorted this consistency in feeling which ruined the experience slightly as a whole for me. Having said that every track on this album is great in it's own right, another fantastic album and it is rather consistent just not quite as consistent as I would have liked. Rising II has to be one of the most beautiful and deeply touches pieces of music I ever did hear, the whole album is fantastic to be honest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Album from Yoko!, 19 Sep 2009
FAMOUS NAME (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Blueprint for a Sunrise (Audio CD)
'Blueprint For A Sunrise' is a very 'In Your Face' album from Yoko for perhaps those that are not familiar with her style of material - even the design of the inlay artwork is too in my opinion.

Many have said over the years that Yoko's music was ahead of its time, and that now, many are catching up, but I disagree; I still think it's way ahead of its time! Even those who claim to have been inspired by Yoko and her music - to me, sound nothing like her - Yoko is unique!

This album opens with an interesting track called: 'I Want You To Remember Me' - but then of course there's always something of great 'interest' on a Yoko album! For those who may not be heavily into her music, they'd probably be happier with tracks like: 'I'm Not Getting Enough' and 'Wouldnit 'Swing'', which are two pretty groovy and 'pop-py' tracks.

For me though, the highlight has to be 'Mulberry' which was recorded live. (what an event that must have been for those fortunate enough to see her do it!) This piece of art was inspired - says Yoko, by her childhood memories of being evacuated during World War II, and whilst out picking Mulberries for she and her siblings, and being afraid of the unknown like ghosts. Using her voice as 'the musical instrument' that it is, she enacts the emotions and feelings of that period, and this is eight minutes of pure entertainment for those who love this facet of Yoko! How does she do it?? Those that say she merely shouts and screams, have not really listened to the talent, (or the meaning behind it) and I notice are not out there performing and doing it for themselves if this is so simple...

Like the Reviewer: 'Mr. T. P. Mann' says in his Review; Yoko has also always been somewhat of an enigma and source of constant fascination to me too - quite why this is, I'm unsure, other than her style is completely and totally unique. If I had been a huge 'Beatles' fan or crazy about John Lennon, then I guess people could have said it was the 'association' that had inspired it - but as I wasn't, then that doesn't explain it either... I love and am enthralled by Yoko's words and lyrics, and forever interested in anything she has to say when she is interviewed.

Back to the Album; I also find myself agreeing with another Reviewer: 'leppard louis' who suggests laying down and perhaps closing your eyes to listen to this CD - and this really does enhance it greatly.

Yoko has released some great albums during her latter career and would now appeal to a whole new audience, as well as retaining those hardcore fans like myself who have been with her from the beginning - and that's quite a feat to accomplish for a lady who is the best portion of eighty years' of age!! Can you believe it!!

Incredible!

N. B. Also includes 'Rising II' that can seem to go on a bit (almost quarter of an hour!) but stick with it! Check out her new release in September - from the Samples, sounds to me like this could be her best Album yet!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Album from Yoko!, 19 Sep 2009
FAMOUS NAME (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

Incredible!

Blueprint for a Sunrise
Blueprint for a Sunrise by Yoko Ono (Audio CD - 2008)