Format: Audio CD|Change

on 9 February 2003
If your lucky enough to get your hands on this Tango n' Vectif double disc CD, well done. It is definitely worth a purchase, Mike Paranas aka "mu-ziq" does a fine job putting gentle melodies together, with convincing style and rhythm.
CD 1 is a version of the forst Tango n' Vectif album, released a couple of years back, I think it has a few less tracks however. With this version though, comes a whole new CD with some great material on. I really enjoyed this album, when your just chilling out you can be transfixed by the hynotising tunes and occasionally Paranas breaks away with some interesting ideas, (take CD 2's track 7-genius). Tango n' Vectif has some cool samples of weird noises and drums, and also the occasional techno percussion, it really does have a bit of everything.
I think "Royal Astronomy" has some better material than what on offer here however, the orchestral style of tracks 1 and 4 have not been matched on this album, and classics such as "burst your arm" and "autumn acid" outdo most songs on this album.
Sasying this, it is still a bloody good album, and I actually rate it 4.5, but you cant do halfs!! Thanks for reading.
on 14 January 2005
Far from "sounding a bit dated", this album sounds like nothing else I have ever heard (and I have well over 1000 albums by electronic artists). If you want to hear something new, give it a try. I wouldn't be without it.
on 24 March 2013
Independent underground electronic music doesn't get much better than this.
If you own Authechre, Aphex Twin, The Black Dog etc but not this you're missing out.
An early 90's classic for sure. Elements of warehouse, breakbeat, rave and mad off key vibes make Mike Ps 1st LP a must.
Believe.
on 24 November 2009
Unfortunatly this album sounds very dated compared to lunatic harness. As i was late getting into u ziQ this album is lost on me.
on 3 October 2003
I bought this album on the strength of Royal Astronomy and I have to say I am a little disappointed. I believe most of the tracks were written in 1993 and as such sound a little dated. Back then it might have been classed as experimental or leftfield but not all of it stands the test of time. Royal Astronomy scores 5/5 for me, but this falls a little short of the mark. Having said that, there are some little gems on here. So, if you know you like mu-ziq, you don't mind it sounding a bit old and you're willing to press 'skip' occasionally then go for it. Only for die-hard fans only.