Format: Audio CD|Change

on 5 July 2002
I had read reviews about "Dixieland Rocks" that failed to persuade me to buy it. I'm glad I did!
This cd showcases Elvis in May 1975 performing exceptionally well. The only negative is that the cd would finish fine without the lacklustre last two tracks and I've no idea why they're included at all and particularly at that stage.
Otherwise, actually a great concert - better than 'Tucson '76' from FTD previously, and as good as 'It's Midnight'. The best performance is "My Boy" - a spectacular version. But it's unfair to highlight this as there are so many strong performances throughout and Elvis is in excellent mood. This cd should appeal to anyone who would like to hear Elvis sing well (nothing new there), in good humour and voice. This is a very good cd and congratulations to FTD for the release.
on 30 March 2003
I now have 3 of the late 70's releases. This CD is about the strongest so far. Elvis is in a very good mood and his voice is rich and clear. Although at times he does seem to struggle for notes. This is never the less a decent later show. I would recommend you buy it but expect a lower energy show than in the earlier 70's. Look out for a strong Polk Salad.
on 8 September 2001
The follow that dream record label do it again!!! It's great to hear a good quality concert recording from 1975 as not too many have surfaced officially from this year.In my opinion Elvis gives a good show even if his shows had become a little formulated by then.He sings newer songs like T-r-o-u-b-l-e and fairytale while also singing the usual songs in his set.It's also funny to hear Elvis laughing during Love me tender at a rather excited female fan!!
on 13 February 2005
This concert was done very well by Elvis, it was done on the 6th may 1975 in elvis' home state Tennessee, Elvis sang very well in this concert, did a good version of the wonder of you and a brilliant version of american trilogy well no wonder he was singing it in dixie State, Bridge over troubled water was also done greatly abit different but still rly well, he sings overall very well on most songs, so id advice any elvis' fan to get buy this CD!
on 11 September 2014
good cd and good seller +++